Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 02:25 PM

Re: The Birds And The Bees!

Yes Ted, a very positive, uplifting thread.

Just popping out now to see if there are any signs of my snowdrops. I love all the Spring flowers, they push themselves up through cold, frozen ground sometimes covered in deep snow.
If those little delicate flowers can achieve that and survive, then so can we...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 02:35 PM

I have just been to look to see if my snowdrops have flowered but they are only just coming up out of the ground.

I did notice a tiny holly is growing there too. As it’s by my front door, I think I’d better dig it up. Otherwise, l’d feel like l was living in a vicarage!!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 03:25 PM

My next cheering up project,which I plan for this evening, will be to put a good plastic record on the old record player.

Then I shall Waltz around my living room, one two three, one two three, with my left elbow raised and my nose pointing over the shoulder of my dream partner. (applications, with list of dancing skills, please).

Interuptions , in the shape of "Excuse me" will be allowed.

OK, I may step on a few toes, doing this!

But my quickstep would kill a few.

(Hokey Kokey later!")

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 03:42 PM

No dafs or any other spring bulbs in our garden. In fact there are no flowers of any description, just mossy grass and a couple of fruit trees.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Blue tits are checking out the bird box in my garden, Daffodils are in bloom, snowdrops are out.

This topic has given me a spring in my step!😁

Snow covers all of our garden areas still, not a daffodil bud in sight but......blue tits, YES! ( the temps are in the 20s here)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 05:07 PM

Plenty of green leaves coming along from various bulbs, but not actually in bud yet.

One good thing I've noticed though, it is slowly staying light a little longer in the afternoons.
Yipeeeee ...

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Snow covers all of our garden areas still, not a daffodil bud in sight but......blue tits, YES! ( the temps are in the 20s here)

They will soon be showing their buds,RightNow.......we have had no snow here.....” yet”..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 10:49 PM

Yep, I've spotted some of the changes taking place Ted. The pigeons across the road have already been 'Getting it on' but why they have to do it in full view on the top of the lamp post at the end of our cul-de-sac I'll never know......Lucky buggers!...I'd never get Mrs Fox up there.... She's so boring sometimes....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:16 AM

Ted, you inspired me to take a good look around the yard this afternoon. It is going to be a fast winter. Autumn finally arrived in the Gulf Coast the last week of December, when the leaves on the wax and crepe myrtles finally turned amber before letting go in a gale-force cold front.

We are still hosting all of our usual snowbirds, with have two pairs of goldeneyes and a loon that have taken up residence along the bank behind the house and starlings gathering in the trees every sunset, but the first signs of the bulbs and elephant ears are promising.

Thank you for the happy report!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:47 AM

We are a bit behind where i live in Yorkshire but I know spring is on its way....cant wait

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top