Join for free
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 11:21 AM

Long Lost Family. New series

The first story was lovely. A baby boy whose young parents were told by a court that he was happy with a Spanish couple who could better provide for him than they could.He also told them they could always have more children as they came from large Irish families. His new family moved to Spain when he was 4 and his birth father said “I hope he lives in the mountains” and what a coincidence, he works for the elite Mountain rescue team! really happy reunion.

The second story I found most strange. A guy called Michael was brought up by a woman he thought was his mother. When he applied to join the Navy he needed his birth certificate which his “mother” appeared to have but it listed him with a different name and a different mother. She then told him his birth mother dropped him off with her to be looked after but never ever came back for him. the programme discovered his birth mother had died in recent years but he had a younger sister. They were reunited and she told him a different story.

Her version was that her Mother was a lovely woman and would never have done that but I was left wondering how come the adoptive mother had his birth certificate then? Nothing was done officially so there was no other paper trail. She also said she and her mother went back to their family some years later to see how Michael was and they told her to just forget about him. Seems like she did!

It seemed to bring some happiness to Michael meeting his sister (who would appear to actually be a half sister as she looks like she has some Asian connection) but I think he has had the wool pulled over his eyes.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 12:31 PM

Re: Long Lost Family. New series

Yes, Michael’s back story was strange. I was trying to work out his sister’s ethnicity. The mother had Michael from a married man, and his sister three year’s later, so guess the first father would be well out of the picture. I wonder if he would try to find him, or forget that idea?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 08:21 PM

Re: Long Lost Family. New series

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes, Michael’s back story was strange. I was trying to work out his sister’s ethnicity. The mother had Michael from a married man, and his sister three year’s later, so guess the first father would be well out of the picture. I wonder if he would try to find him, or forget that idea?
Jazzi, Michael’s story was odd wasn't it? Some thingsdidnt seem to fit.
I couldn’t understand how the sister who had the scar up her chest from her recent heart operation came to have a Birmingham accent, yet she came from ?Scotland and was living in Blackpool?

I love Nicky Campbell and Davina McCall, they are so caring and good with all the people who appear on the programme.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top