Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 08:21 PM

Coronavirus: I trust people's sense on face masks - Gove

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53381000

Senior minister Michael Gove has said he does not think face coverings should be compulsory in shops in England, saying he trusts people's common sense.

Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr, Mr Gove said wearing a mask in a shop was "basic good manners".

On Friday, Boris Johnson said a "stricter" approach was needed so people wear masks in confined spaces.
If there's one thing that's become apparent as lockdown has been relaxed it's that many people are morons and completely lacking "basic good manners" and "common sense" .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 08:39 PM

Re: Coronavirus: I trust people's sense on face masks - Gove

Well I am not going into a shop until everyone has to wear a mask so he can stick his trust up his Covid!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 09:17 PM

Gove obviously doesn't have to do his own shopping or he would have seen some are not even observing the basic social distancing requirement!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

If there's one thing that's become apparent as lockdown has been relaxed it's that many people are morons and completely lacking "basic good manners" and "common sense" .....
That's what I said too, particularly when Nike trainers are involved or kneeling down, that sort of thing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well I am not going into a shop until everyone has to wear a mask so he can stick his trust up his Covid!

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Some folks were aware of this fact, well before Covid19.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 01:57 PM

PM says face masks ‘should be worn’ in shops

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53388444

Boris Johnson said the government would decide in the next few days if "tools of enforcement" were needed.
So that's that, then ..... maybe .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 02:49 PM

We've found that it's roughly 50/50 masks/no masks in the shops we've visited over the weekend.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 04:04 PM

Very few wearing masks here. Daughter took me to Aldi near Burnham, where the pubs had to close. I wore mine! Woman in front of me in the queue was sweating through her vest top (didn't look the athletic type either) she didn't look well! I kept my groceries and myself well back! Only when I got home I thought that she had handled her shopping and cash and the till operator had too!
Washed everything very well!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Boris Johnson 'to make face masks compulsory in shops' next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsl...ek/ar-BB16EhM7

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top