Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 03:58 PM

Nasty Fall.

Have had a nasty fall this morning.

I am staying at my sons..started to jog over to Sainsbury’s.
I lost my footing on the pavement...I fell head first onto the pavement..it was the left side of my cheek that took the full brunt.

I felt so sick afterwards...and shocked..I thought I was going to pass out.

My cheek is extremely swollen..I think I would be in a lot more pain..if I had damaged my cheek bone.

Wondering if I should go to A and E....my left arm is hurting as well.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:01 PM

Re: Nasty Fall.

I think you should have gone for a check up straight away Pauline. Get yourself down there now, from what you've posted, you might have broken your check bone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:01 PM

Ouch! That sounds nasty Pauline

Maybe you should go to A&E to get your cheek checked out, you may have chipped a bone.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

21-07-2020, 04:04 PM

Please go to A&E to get yourself checked out, even if it only for your peace of mind.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:07 PM

Yes at least ring your surgery so your doctor can take a look at it. If A&E not an option.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:22 PM

Thank you..I love you guys..you are so kind.

I have just rang my son,he is leaving work now..and will take me to Newbury,West Berkshire community hospital..I rang them after reading your posts.

She said there is a two hour wait..but it’s best to get it checked out....

I still feel very shaken up.

Thanks again you lovely people,xx
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Thank you..I love you guys..you are so kind.

I have just rang my son,he is leaving work now..and will take me to Newbury,West Berkshire community hospital..I rang them after reading your posts.

She said there is a two hour wait..but it’s best to get it checked out....

I still feel very shaken up.

Thanks again you lovely people,xx

You will feel much better getting it checked out whatever the outcome. It will stop you worrying. Hopefully nothing is broken. Have a nice sleep when you get back and it should calm you down a bit.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:41 PM

Good luck Pauline, hope all OK, please let us know.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:54 PM

Oh Pauline, l hope you are ok as it’s a big shock to the system when you fall.
I think the two hour wait isn’t so bad. When l fell and gashed my knee last year, l was at the hospital for over six hours.

I hope your cheek and arm aren’t broken and they give you something to ease the pain. xx
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:24 PM

Pauline let us know how you are , I'm feeling for you . Horrible shock . It happened to me , I was running, I fell at the pavement and landed on my face . I went for check up . I've never run since I'm too afraid of falling again .

Get well soon .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top