Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:39 AM

Advice

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=69399

The above is a post I put in technology. Dodge answered it for me.

It seems the phone was purposely set so I couldn't phone my son.

I feel very resentful of my daughter in law for doing this and also turning her own phone off.

Should I say something to her about it or just let it pass? I didn't say anything at the time because I know nothing about I-phones and call divert & I didn't realise what was happening.

What would you do?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:47 AM

Re: Advice

Did your D-I-L set your phone for you, or is it your Son's phone that was set this way?
If your phone, just say to her you can't ring your Son on it & would she look at it for you. If his phone, ask him to get the setting changed if he can't do it himself. Or failing that, get someone else to change the settings on your phone. I think mobile phone shops might do that for you.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=69399

The above is a post I put in technology. Dodge answered it for me.

It seems the phone was purposely set so I couldn't phone my son.

I feel very resentful of my daughter in law for doing this and also turning her own phone off.

Should I say something to her about it or just let it pass? I didn't say anything at the time because I know nothing about I-phones and call divert & I didn't realise what was happening.

What would you do?
Depends on what sort of person you are.

Me? I'd not react.

What would it gain by starting one hell of a row that will have no good outcome ---

BUT I'd "mark her card" for the future and NEVER forgive or forget.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Did your D-I-L set your phone for you, or is it your Son's phone that was set this way?
If your phone, just say to her you can't ring your Son on it & would she look at it for you. If his phone, ask him to get the setting changed if he can't do it himself. Or failing that, get someone else to change the settings on your phone. I think mobile phone shops might do that for you.
It's explained in the link Tiffany.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

26-07-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Depends on what sort of person you are.

Me? I'd not react.

What would it gain by starting one hell of a row that will have no good outcome ---

BUT I'd "mark her card" for the future and NEVER forgive or forget.
Yes I tend to agree with you but I would love to know why she did it.

Maybe if I could ask her in a calm manner...
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

26-07-2020, 11:57 AM

Surely if your son wanted to call you he would so if he hadn't heard for you for a while.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's explained in the link Tiffany.
Ah! I see, it's your Son's phone. Then tell him you can't ring him because his calls go to his wifes phone, I would. Would he do anything about it?
Do you think she's done that because she doesn't trust him?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 12:02 PM

Carol, I wouldn't put up with that at all.

You need to be able to get in touch with your son at any time, night or day. What would happen if you had an emergency at home and you needed to get in touch with your son?

Contact your son, tell him you are not happy with this set up and ask him why you can't phone him directly as you may urgently need his help one day.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

26-07-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
Surely if your son wanted to call you he would so if he hadn't heard for you for a while.
Aw sorry. I don't think you've seen the link.

It was my place to let them know when we arrived. I called him & it forwarded to his wife. Her phone was switched off. I had no way of letting them know we had arrived.

I'm sure he would have phoned me eventually when he realised we weren't there but that isn't the point really.

In the end I contacted them via my grandchild's phone.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

26-07-2020, 12:10 PM

What have you done to offend your daughter-in-law so badly?

I couldn't stand my in-laws, but would never have tried to stop my husband getting in contact with them, not that he did very often as he disliked them too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top