Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:16 AM

Lockdown confusion.

There's one lockdown rule that doesn't make sense to me. I hope somebody on here will understand & explain.

It's regarding exercise.

We are allowed to exercise with one person out doors.

We must exercise in our own locality.

If we need to we can drive to open spaces to exercise.

My query is: Every week I meet my friend for a walk. We live 12 miles apart so usually meet up half way.

This means it is not in either of our own locality and we would be driving to our chosen exercise spot.

Are we allowed or not?
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:18 AM

Re: Lockdown confusion.

my understanding is that you stay within the bounds of your town or village
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:21 AM

Thats my understanding too and that you only stay out for an hour maximum
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:36 AM

No matter what the government rules are, meeting someone from another area, even at a halfway point, is maybe not the right thing to do because I think that's how the infection can spread from area to area.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:41 AM

But it says you can drive to an outdoor spot for exercise if necessary.
This is what is confusing me...
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:15 AM

Surely the best way is to follow the spirit of the regulations rather than look for loopholes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:44 AM

I understand it to be you can only exercise in your own area so meeting someone from a different area would be a no-no
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

05-01-2021, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Surely the best way is to follow the spirit of the regulations rather than look for loopholes.

I'm not looking for loopholes. I just don't want to give up something I enjoy if I don't have to.

I wish I hadn't read that you can drive to open spaces for exercise. That's what's confused me...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:57 AM

Provided you don't share a car and keep to the 2 metre rule I can't see the problem Carol. It's very unlikely that it can be caught outdoors. I consider 12 miles to still be in your locale.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:58 AM

So does this mean, if Carol met her friend at a garden centre (where you are allowed to go to), they wouldn’t be able to walk round outside a bit?

I still don’t get how people are still allowed to go to religious places. I would imagine, they are some of the worst places to catch the virus

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top