Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 04:12 PM

Lighthouses. We have a few.

Bought or received as gifts.

Wooden jobby bought at a flea market in Ohio.

Musical Glass decanter. The cap comes off to reveal a spout, and when picked up it plays the tune, How dry I am.

A collection in our "library", aka the smallest room in the house.

Left to right, Tealight - bought, Tealight - gift, ornament - gift, Battery light - bought, ornament - gift.

Shelf, bought in a shop in Dayton Mall, Ohio.

Bought in a steet in Street, Zumerzet.

Baffroom clock - bought.

My favourite, above the baff, bought from t'internet.

Not a lighthouse, but you gotta go, you gotta go!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 06:01 PM

Re: Lighthouses. We have a few.

Those are lovely, Fruitcake, especially the 'library' collection. Is the painting a Thomas Kinkade?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Those are lovely, Fruitcake, especially the 'library' collection. Is the painting a Thomas Kinkade?
The battery operated lighthouse has a small TK picture on it, but as far as I know, none of the other images are his.
We do have some other TK prints as well as a TK "Tiffany style" lamp.
I actually prefer Terry Redlin to Thomas Kinkade, but my Lovely Cousin's preference is the opposite, so of course it must prevail.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 06:56 PM

Those are nice, Fruitcake.
I used to have one with sand in it, it came from The Isle Of Wight. I think it got broken when we moved.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 07:29 PM

My favourite, above the baff, bought from t'intern

That’s my favourite too!
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:37 PM

Yea my careers master all thoes years ago suggested I should be a light house keeper
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

12-01-2021, 11:57 PM

Do you mean a bit of dusting and sweeping, as in, doing a little light house-keeping?

This joke was brought to you by the late, great, Victoria Wood.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

13-01-2021, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Those are nice, Fruitcake.
I used to have one with sand in it, it came from The Isle Of Wight. I think it got broken when we moved.
My Lovely Cousin has a glass Lion filled with layers of different coloured sands from the Isle of Wight.

I used to have a small lighthouse made from Cornish soapstone, bought surprisingly enough in Cornwall. Sadly it was lost when my parents moved home, along with my Blue Peter Badge and Swindon Locomotive Shed Plate.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:30 AM

Love the lighthouses Fruitcake.
Got only a couple in my back garden they are solar powered and last summer where lighting well .
Both have been taken into the conservatory with the rest of the lights, out of the way of the winter dampness.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 10:56 AM

They are lovely FC why do you love lighthouses so much do you live near the sea ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top