Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 11:11 AM

Cashiers in the supermarket

Have you ever bought anything ,that could make them feel uncomfortable, or even make you feel uncomfortable,when scanning your item/ items.

Not just the supermarket either, it could be anywhere you make a purchase.

Have you ever gone into a shop and bought something for someone else, because they were to embarrassed to buy that particular product.?

I don’t like buying anti wrinkle cream.....they imo, always seem to look at my face, when they scan the product ,...toilet roll is another one.....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 11:15 AM

Re: Cashiers in the supermarket

Pauline, I do have an incident involving a purchase from many years ago but I can’t tell, it’s soooo embarrassing
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Have you ever bought anything ,that could make them feel uncomfortable, or even make you feel uncomfortable,when scanning your item/ items.

Not just the supermarket either, it could be anywhere you make a purchase.

I don’t like buying anti wrinkle cream.....they imo, always seem to look at my face, when they scan the product ,...toilet roll is another one.....
Pauline why should anyone feel uncomfortable with toilet roll ?
Everyone wipes their bum .
The only reason anyone would feel uncomfortable is if you bought 10 packets of it because you would be stockpiling .
As for wrinkle cream do you really think cashiers look at your face ? They just want to get shut of you and go onto the next customer while wondering how many hours they have left before they can go home !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Pauline, I do have an incident involving a purchase from many years ago but I can’t tell, it’s soooo embarrassing

It wasn’t one of them balloons ,was it?..😂🤣😅

This is a light hearted thread, Primus...😂🤣😅

I do hope I’m not lowering the tone of the forum....😂🤣😅
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-01-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Pauline why should anyone feel uncomfortable with toilet roll ?
Everyone wipes their bum .
The only reason anyone would feel uncomfortable is if you bought 10 packets of it because you would be stockpiling .
As for wrinkle cream do you really think cashiers look at your face ? They just want to get shut of you and go onto the next customer while wondering how many hours they have left before they can go home !

😂🤣😅,......😂🤣😅.....it’s all in my mind,Muddy....😂🤣
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 11:29 AM

Ok, here goes
Many years ago I was going on a stag do, a few of us decided to buy the lucky chap some gifts,,,,, I , for some reason , decided to buy , the joy of sex magazine, ! I was only about twenty at the time , so it took a lot of courage for me to actually pick up the thing let alone buy it, but after a stiff talking to myself, I confidently marched up to the counter in our local newsagents, unfortunately for me, it coincided with both the older female shop assistants daily natter, I handed over the mag, they both looked at me, then each other, and burst out laughing, I couldn’t convince them it wasn’t for me, so I paid and vowed to never darken their door again, I don’t even think I gave the mag to the chap in question, I think it went straight in the bin,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-01-2021, 11:36 AM

Ok, here goes
Many years ago I was going on a stag do, a few of us decided to buy the lucky chap some gifts,,,,, I , for some reason , decided to buy , the joy of sex magazine, ! I was only about twenty at the time , so it took a lot of courage for me to actually pick up the thing let alone buy it, but after a stiff talking to myself, I confidently marched up to the counter in our local newsagents, unfortunately for me, it coincided with both the older female shop assistants daily natter, I handed over the mag, they both looked at me, then each other, and burst out laughing, I couldn’t convince them it wasn’t for me, so I paid and vowed to never darken their door again, I don’t even think I gave the mag to the chap in question, I think it went straight in the bin,

Oh Primus, that did make me laugh.....😂🤣😅.....thanks for sharing that, I can imagine it wasn’t funny at the time, but when you look back,😂🤣😅
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 11:53 AM

Ok, here goes
You mean, you didn’t even have a little tiny peep inside the magazine at all?
Mmmn, the jury is still out on this one!!
Primus1
York

17-01-2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You mean, you didn’t even have a little tiny peep inside the magazine at all?
Mmmn, the jury is still out on this one!!
I didn’t say I never looked ( or even took their advice) , I think the joke would have been lost for me, I would never get the image out of my head, even now it makes me cringe...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 12:00 PM

I have never bought things, like Canesten, KY jelly or suppositories as l haven’t ever needed them!
If l did, l think l’d be very embarrassed.

I wouldn’t be bothered about buying anti wrinkle creams as they aren’t applied to embarrassing places!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top