Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 08:55 PM

Re: Return devolved powers to Westminster

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I hope not; I don't think much of people who change their opinion merely for the sake of being part of the majority; even a majority as small as the Brexit majority.

PS. I don't think you are in a position to criticise anyone for spouting nonsense. Just saying.

Hardly a small majority Harbal. An 81 seat majority on a "Get Brexit Done" mandate in the general election and nearly every constituency outside London voting to leave in the referendum is hardly a small majority.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
And some turn into playground bullies.
Do they?

Elsewhere perhaps but please be so kind as to point out any bullying in this thread, because I see much discussion followed by the beginnings of personal insult (which appears to be as a consequence of lack of ability to debate) but no hint of bullying.

Refuting the opinions of others when supported by fact certainly could not reasonably be described as bullying.
Trying to assert an opinion in the face of conflicting evidence and then making it personal and unpleasant though ........
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:01 PM

And what do you have against personal insult, may I ask?
You may ask away.
But if you really cannot debate the topic of this thread without such insults we have nothing to discuss.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

03-01-2021, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Hardly a small majority Harbal. An 81 seat majority on a "Get Brexit Done" mandate in the general election and nearly every constituency outside London voting to leave in the referendum is hardly a small majority.

And here was I, hopeful that there was an end to this nonsense after an obviously-broken promise.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:06 PM

52% to 48% in the Brexit referendum is hardly a whacking majority. And as far as the general election is concerned: voters don't put the reason for their choice on the ballot paper. Apart from anything else, there wasn't room to write, "Jeremy Corbyn? Don't make me laugh".
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
we have nothing to discuss.
I wondered how long it was going to take for that to occure to you.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

03-01-2021, 09:12 PM

I wondered how long it was going to take for that to occure to you.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

03-01-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I think Roxy was only joking.
As was I.
Me too!
You don't REALLY think that I could believe that a rabid remainer could ever accept the defeat of Brexit quietly and wirh good grace, surely?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 09:29 PM

52% to 48% in the Brexit referendum is hardly a whacking majority. And as far as the general election is concerned: voters don't put the reason for their choice on the ballot paper. Apart from anything else, there wasn't room to write, "Jeremy Corbyn? Don't make me laugh".

It's a huge amount- we'll over a million people.

As for the election, it sounds like you didn't get the memo or was out of town.

You lost ... get over it, 4 and a half years of denial should be enough for anyone.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

03-01-2021, 09:42 PM

As for the election, I sounds like you didn't get the memo or was out of town.

You lost ...
I didn't vote in the Brexit referendum or the general election; I haven't voted in the last 40 years, so I don't think it means anything to say I lost. In my opinion, leaving the EU is the greater of two evils; it's a mistake that we will all pay for economically. In the end, that will matter more to people than our being "in control of our border", whatever they think that means, or whatever difference they think it will make. We are free to express our opinions in the UK, but perhaps you would also like a referendum on that.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top