Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:11 AM

Re: Seance

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I haven't actually attended a seance, however a friend asked me to accompany her to a local spiritualist church. She had lost her mother (who wasn't from our area) and some of the things mentioned to her through the 'medium' could not have been known by the medium.

No money passed hands and there is no doubt that some people who attended got some kind of comfort from being there.

Me? I'm keeping an open mind.

I know exactly what you mean Tango. I have witnessed these things myself hundreds of times since my Dad died nearly 23 years ago.

Like any other 'profession' though, there are good and bad ones, and unfortunately the 'bad' ones get a bad name for everyone else.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:24 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Acorah

He was proved to be a fake

Yvette Fielding, a presenter and executive producer of Most Haunted, initially stated "there is no acting on this programme, none whatsoever. Everything you see and you hear is real."[2] However, significant media attention was directed at the show in 2005, after Acorah claimed to channel spirits with names that had allegedly been suggested to him in advance, such as "Rik Eedles" and "Kreed Kafer", which are anagrams of "Derek Lies" and "Derek Faker" respectively.[8][9][10] Speaking in 2006, Fielding said of Acorah "We tell people everything is real, then it turns out he was a fake, so he had to go."[11]
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 11:52 AM

There are some genuine mediums who have a gift but you do need to be discerning. I have been to some really interesting seances ( no weeji boards used ( cant spell it ) and I have been to others who are deluded. Discernment is the answer .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
We are having seance meetings advertised around here.
Do you believe there are gifted people who can contact those beyond the grave or, like me, believe it is just a big con.
If it brings comfort to people then for them it's no doubt real.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 12:32 PM

IMO it's a big con.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 06:15 PM

Our Spiritualist Church in town has been closed and converted into flats. Can't help but wonder if the Estate Agents told prospective buyers what the building used to be. Would you buy a flat there?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
There are some genuine mediums who have a gift but you do need to be discerning.
I agree. The Working Men's Club in the village were advertising an evening with a Medium. You had to book tickets two weeks in advance - and leave your full name and address. My instincts suggested to me that would be to give the 'medium' time to research her audience! Needless to say - I did not attend.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2019, 06:29 PM

ST who is the medium ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

14-12-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
ST who is the medium ?
Sorry, Susan, I cannot remember now what her name was - from her photo I'd say she was quite young - sort of late 20ish - and she was very pretty. By all accounts the session was well attended. I am still inclined to be sceptical about her wanting names and addresses in advance though.

Did you think you might know her?

I could ask at the club if you wish.
susan m
DORSET UK

14-12-2019, 06:59 PM

ST . I know a lot of names and can find out if they are accredited to the SNU or trained at the Arthur Finley college of psychic studies . Well trained mediums can bring extremely good evidence through . But I have seen some who I do feel are deluded.

Saying that I've studied mediumship and the paranormal for over 35 years now so I do have experience .

ST . Just out of interest could you ask at the club why names and addresses were requested please . I would be very interested as to why . Thankyou

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top