Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 12:40 PM

Re: ENT - Nasoendoscopy and MRI Scan

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Poor you Omah.

Those MRI tunnels are bad enough without having to wear a helmet as well, not sure I could have coped with that.

You did really well by the sounds of it, so fingers crossed for good results now.
Many thanks ..... the helmet was not good - some patients must panic during the procedure, which takes about 25 minutes .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 02:58 AM

I've just remembered this thread, so I'll bring it up to date.

For various reasons, including my repeatedly deferred hernia surgery, I wasn't called to attend a results review until about a month ago. The lack of urgency was, apparently, a good sign. This was confirmed at the review when I was informed that nothing "sinister" had been found and I was referred back to my dentist.

On returning to my dentist, I was advised that nothing was visibly causing my discomfort and that I should consult my GP, which will be happening on Wednesday.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 06:22 AM

Omah, my sister is going through the same procedures & is currently waiting for the results of her MRI scan.
She started with pain in her ear and neck, and she occasionally felt severe pain travel from her ear to the gland in her neck. So far it has taken 4 months & I don't know when we will get the scan results... but it is a big worry and the painkillers are not helping.
Please update us on any changes!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 08:00 AM

Is the discomfort still as intense omah or did it get any easier? Whatever is causing the discomfort I m glad to hear that cancer wasn't the cause. How frustrating not being able to get a diagnosis. I hope you get an answer soon and some treatment
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 10:29 AM

Could it be something that used to be called neuralgia
Omah? Or doesnt that exist anymore?
I have had three head scans (MRI) Two in the last three years,
and each time they tell me they could find nothing???Should l
read anything into this??

Regards Donkeyman!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

02-08-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Omah, my sister is going through the same procedures & is currently waiting for the results of her MRI scan.
She started with pain in her ear and neck, and she occasionally felt severe pain travel from her ear to the gland in her neck. So far it has taken 4 months & I don't know when we will get the scan results... but it is a big worry and the painkillers are not helping.
Please update us on any changes!
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Is the discomfort still as intense omah or did it get any easier? Whatever is causing the discomfort I m glad to hear that cancer wasn't the cause. How frustrating not being able to get a diagnosis. I hope you get an answer soon and some treatment
Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Regards Donkeyman!

Thank you all for the replies .....

Painkillers seem to ease the pain but not completely eliminate it. My dentist suggested neuralgia so that's why I'm going back to the GP - perhaps he'll prescribe stronger painkillers .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Regards Donkeyman!
Nice one Donkeyman......
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

16-08-2019, 12:10 AM

Latest:

I've seen a new GP at my local surgery. He spent some time questioning and examining me and advised me that TMJD was, in his opinion, the root cause of my pain and discomfort. He has therefore advised that I perform a series of tongue exercises in the morning and in the evening in order to re-align and strengthen my jaw.

A mouth guard remains an option .....

https://docplayer.net/29794418-Oxfor...-patients.html

So, a month of that (and more to follow) .....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 12:20 AM

Omah - If I may make a suggestion.........

I used to have extreme pain, similar to what you're describing. I was also sent to a consultant and told I had TMJ and given exercises. They didn't help (sorry!) and the pain - put down to abscess(es) continued.........as did a number of dental extractions.

Some years later I had a bone scan and was told I had quite bad osteoporosis. Fortunately I was given a blood test which found I had a huge amount of calcium in my blood due to hyperparathyroidism. I had a parathyroidectomy and very many years later I no longer have osteoporosis........nor do I suffer from the dental issues I had in the past. It seems the excessive calcium in the blood can cause problems with jaw pain. A simple blood test for blood calcium could be a good idea!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

16-08-2019, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Omah - If I may make a suggestion.........

A simple blood test for blood calcium could be a good idea!
Very interesting .....

I already have regular blood tests for haemochromatosis (too much iron in the blood) so I'll ask my GP about taking an extra sample to test for calcium (if that's not already on the list) .....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top