Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 05:28 AM

Re: ENT - Nasoendoscopy and MRI Scan

That's really interesting and encouraging that the tongue exercises work.

I hope it resolves fully - and soon - without any other intervention.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
That's really interesting and encouraging that the tongue exercises work.

I hope it resolves fully - and soon - without any other intervention.
Thanks ..... me too .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
All the best to you Omah x
Many thanks …..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Gosh Omah, What’s going on? You seem to be having a rough time of it lately.
I hope you get it all resolved soon.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 08:03 AM

Omah, I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Thank you for this thread, as my sister has had ear pain for almost 6 months and despite scans, blood tests, dental visits & Xrays her consultant has no idea what is causing it..... but he has never mentioned TMJD.
She is due to return to the hospital at the end of November and, thanks to your thread, we are going to ask if TMJD could be what is causing it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

26-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Omah, I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Thank you for this thread, as my sister has had ear pain for almost 6 months and despite scans, blood tests, dental visits & Xrays her consultant has no idea what is causing it..... but he has never mentioned TMJD.
She is due to return to the hospital at the end of November and, thanks to your thread, we are going to ask if TMJD could be what is causing it.
It seems to be a "new thing":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempor...nt_dysfunction

TMJD is a symptom complex rather than a single condition, and it is thought to be caused by multiple factors. However, these factors are poorly understood, and there is disagreement as to their relative importance. There are many treatments available, although there is a general lack of evidence for any treatment in TMJD, and no widely accepted treatment protocol. Common treatments include provision of occlusal splints, psychosocial interventions like cognitive behavioral therapy, physical therapy, and pain medication or others. Most sources agree that no irreversible treatment should be carried out for TMJD.

About 20% to 30% of the adult population are affected to some degree. Usually people affected by TMJD are between 20 and 40 years of age, and it is more common in females than males. TMJD is the second most frequent cause of orofacial pain after dental pain (i.e. toothache).
BIB - too late for one of my back teeth - it was diagnosed, by my dentist, as a cause of 'faceache' and "pulled" .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

16-09-2020, 04:50 AM

A protective device against coronavirus for at-risk doctors is to be provided free to the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54167674

The SNAP device for ear, nose and throat surgeons was created after Burton-upon-Trent consultant Amged El-Hawrani died with Covid-19 in March. He was one of the UK's first senior medics to die with the virus, his death showing that they were at serious risk.

The device clips over patients' masks to prevent the virus spreading through coughs and sneezes. It was developed by surgeons Ajith George and Chris Coulson, who said nasendoscopy procedures - where a small flexible tube fitted with a camera is inserted into the nose - often made patients cough, splutter and sneeze.

It works by clipping on to either side of a normal surgical face mask, creating a hole for an endoscope to be inserted while keeping the patient's nose and mouth completely covered. When it is removed, a one-way valve closes the hole so no virus can escape. Four thousand of the devices will be provided to all NHS hospitals with an ear, nose and throat department for free

Usually 500,000 nasendoscopies are performed by the NHS each year. But due to the risks, surgeons are currently only doing 10% of their normal work. 4,000 of the devices will be provided to all NHS hospitals with an ear, nose and throat department for free.
What a great idea .....
I think a philantropist/benefactor needs to step in to finance the shortfall .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 08:56 AM

I have only had MRIs on my lower spine and I loved it. Half an hour or more lying down? why wouldn't you? if it wasn't for the damn noise I'd have had a nap.

CT scans on the other hand are less fun, less time lying down and some of mine were to ensure an injection into the spine went in exactly the right place so they were a bit uncomfortable too.

I can empathise with the tooth business I have just had one extracted because it had an abscess underneath it and it is still healing. Cost me $195 too (plus $76 for the Xray)
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 09:45 AM

Sorry to hear you've been having some health issues Omah, I hope the results are that whatever it is that's causing problem it can be remedied easily.

MRIs aren't very pleasant, I hate the banging sound.

Take care
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

16-09-2020, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Sorry to hear you've been having some health issues Omah, I hope the results are that whatever it is that's causing problem it can be remedied easily.

MRIs aren't very pleasant, I hate the banging sound.

Take care
Thank you .....

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top