Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 03:09 PM

partial knee op

At last I have got my date for op as stated above its a partial
my surgeon told me that it means a quicker recovery and that
should be less pain after the op which would make it easer to carry out the exercises you have to do before they will release
you from the Hospital so pain management is the key
I have had my other knee done it was a full knee replacement
and I found the pain killers they gave me didn't work well at all I remember looking down at the floor and it looked like the floor tiles were moving I was high but the pain was sill there
But as they say man up grin and bare it. Anyhow come the 12th of Dec and after I should be able walk better and further
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 03:20 PM

Re: partial knee op

Great news and will be good to have it done before the turn of the year!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 04:08 PM

Good News, Pathfinder. I hope it all goes well for you.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 04:44 PM

Aye good news Pathfinder,the partial should be a dawdle for You after the total replacement You've had on Your other knee,the pain afterwards I found almost unbearable,and as You said the strongest pain-killers didn't touch it...You'll be running up & downstairs in no time...nae bother
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:18 PM

My hubby just had a hip replacement ... only two weeks ago but he is walking unaided and only taking pain killers at night. I know knees are more complicated Pathfinder but you'll be ok and you can always come here for sympathy
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Good luck, I hope you are up and about as soon as possible
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:46 PM

Good luck with the op. Pathfinder.....
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:47 PM

Thank you all for replying: I am just looking forward to longer walks up the hills with my dog and wife
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 06:08 PM

I keep reading the title as 'A partial knees up' All over to yours for new year pathfinder.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 06:45 PM

My brother in law went into hospital today to have his second complete knee replacement, they did the other one earlier in the year but he got an infection in it afterwards so recovery took a bit longer than anticipated.

My sister (his wife) is in need of both hips and both knees and is complaining that she's not being put forward for the ops but she's very overweight and they won't entertain her having an op til she gets some weight off.

One of my friends has had both knees replaced and I was shocked at how quickly she was up and about afterwards, unlike my mother in law who played on it for months

Good Luck Pathfinder, hope it's all straightforward!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top