Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 06:00 PM

Re: France to cancel Calais Border Controls

Hi

I have never been to Aus, I would love to.

The fishing is fantastic.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You have a point.

And this kind of demonstrates why the founding father of the EU, one Jean Monnet, was chasing a pipe dream rather than an achievable goal.

His sentiments were good imo. Level playing fields, justice for all, humane treatment for all, shared resources like coal and gas and so on. He believed that Nations and their peoples with their inherent instinct for national pride and identity were a barrier to achieving peace and a world without wars.

Unfortunately there are far bigger problems to resolve before humanity could ever reach such a "nirvana" position.

Just as the enforcement of the single currency, the Euro, has been an utter disaster for all member states that took it up, so too the attempt to take a bunch of diverse cultures and beliefs from many different nations and shoe-horn them into one seething mass of peoples inside a federal state is proving to be utterly futile.

One size does not fit all. Neither with the single currency, nor with races, cultures and traditions.

Before that can be achieved, you first HAVE to address those underlying beliefs and cultures. You can't take a bunch of people who treasure and respect freedom and equality for all, and mix them with a people who believe women are inferior and should have less rights. You can't take a bunch of people who believe in fair trial and "innocent until properly proven guilty" and mix them together with people who believe that specific people can make personal judgements and lop off limbs and heads as punishments.

One size does not, nor ever will, fit all.

Therefore if Jean Monnet's followers ever truly want to achieve his utopia, they must first tackle, and tackle properly, the differences in national cultures, justice systems and belief systems and do so in those individual countries. Once the people of those individual countries have all learned to understand and respect the humane goals of liberty, fraternity, equality and justice for all, then, and only then, can they be brought together under one umbrella.

The current situation is an utter mess and an absolute disaster and I suspect that Monnet's aims have been subverted by a bunch of power-mad corrupt megalomaniacs who see the possibility to create a powerful totalitarian EU state which can stand up to Russia and the USA.

We need to back track. Undo the nonsense of Merkel and the others who have gotten us here. Restore the balance, restore National identity and then begin the true work of bringing light and illumination to the peoples of each individual country.

Therefore Swimfeeders is right. Our border controls need to stop the influx and only permit proper migrants with the paperwork and who have agreed to assimilate and learn the English language and live according to UK laws and customs and constitution, whilst at the same time, permitting genuine asylum seekers and refugees who need our humane protection.

So mote it be, the masons would say !
Great post realist, I totally agree
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
... I have never been to Aus, I would love to.
The fishing is fantastic.
Not always, Swim.
Been a keen, competitive angler all my life, had boats since I was 12, won my first championship at 13.
Quality table-fish are becoming harder for amateurs to find with every passing year.

Unless you have mega-dollars and heaps of time to go on charters or travel to rarely-fished, hard to access, hot-spots.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 06:15 PM

Hi

Well a better angler than me then Plummy.

I have never won the UK National Championships.

I do however however have a Silver Medal for second place, and third 7 times in our Winter Leagues.

Always the Bridesmaid, Never the Bride.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You have a point.

And this kind of demonstrates why the founding father of the EU, one Jean Monnet, was chasing a pipe dream rather than an achievable goal.

His sentiments were good imo. Level playing fields, justice for all, humane treatment for all, shared resources like coal and gas and so on. He believed that Nations and their peoples with their inherent instinct for national pride and identity were a barrier to achieving peace and a world without wars.

Unfortunately there are far bigger problems to resolve before humanity could ever reach such a "nirvana" position.

Just as the enforcement of the single currency, the Euro, has been an utter disaster for all member states that took it up, so too the attempt to take a bunch of diverse cultures and beliefs from many different nations and shoe-horn them into one seething mass of peoples inside a federal state is proving to be utterly futile.

One size does not fit all. Neither with the single currency, nor with races, cultures and traditions.

Before that can be achieved, you first HAVE to address those underlying beliefs and cultures. You can't take a bunch of people who treasure and respect freedom and equality for all, and mix them with a people who believe women are inferior and should have less rights. You can't take a bunch of people who believe in fair trial and "innocent until properly proven guilty" and mix them together with people who believe that specific people can make personal judgements and lop off limbs and heads as punishments.

One size does not, nor ever will, fit all.

Therefore if Jean Monnet's followers ever truly want to achieve his utopia, they must first tackle, and tackle properly, the differences in national cultures, justice systems and belief systems and do so in those individual countries. Once the people of those individual countries have all learned to understand and respect the humane goals of liberty, fraternity, equality and justice for all, then, and only then, can they be brought together under one umbrella.

The current situation is an utter mess and an absolute disaster and I suspect that Monnet's aims have been subverted by a bunch of power-mad corrupt megalomaniacs who see the possibility to create a powerful totalitarian EU state which can stand up to Russia and the USA.

We need to back track. Undo the nonsense of Merkel and the others who have gotten us here. Restore the balance, restore National identity and then begin the true work of bringing light and illumination to the peoples of each individual country.

Therefore Swimfeeders is right. Our border controls need to stop the influx and only permit proper migrants with the paperwork and who have agreed to assimilate and learn the English language and live according to UK laws and customs and constitution, whilst at the same time, permitting genuine asylum seekers and refugees who need our humane protection.

So mote it be, the masons would say !
Once again, an excellent post.

When this is all over and the EU just a nasty dream/nightmare, I don't see any reason why another 'organisation' could not be formed: a free-trade organisation as was the Common Market.

I'd go further and say that, although each member nation must retain its complete sovereignty, there could be many agreements on such things as trade, tertiary education (many want to come here for that as we are, apparently, so good at it), intelligence and police co-operation (as mentioned before by SF), and so on. The important proviso being that these things should be completely voluntary for each member nation.

There is no way that there should ever be any movement again towards the creation of a parliament or any other governing body to implement these things. Compliance or not should be the decision of each member state and no-one else.

Such things have happened for many years between individual countries. All that would be different is an organisation to facilitate discussion and agreement, and nothing more.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top