Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:02 PM

Crime paid.

I felt so angry tonight when I read about a teenager from Wolverhampton who broke into someone's home and stole two French Bulldog puppies from their mother.

Those poor little mites have never been found.
I don't know the age of these puppies, I can only hope they were of an age where they weren't solely dependent on their mother's milk, and that 'mum' didn't get mastitis if she was heavily lactating.

This hateful little brat (16 years old), got taken to court and was fined £450. If those pups were weaned, he probably got anything between £1000 - £2,000 for them.
So in his case - crime did pay, didn't it.
He will probably go and steal some more now, to get his money back!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:23 PM

Re: Crime paid.

That´s horrible Mups and even worse is the fact that the law really is nothing but a huge joke.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
That´s horrible Mups and even worse is the fact that the law really is nothing but a huge joke.

The law doesn't care enough about animals enough.
They are merely possessions like bits of furniture, instead of living, sentient beings. It really angers me clumsy.
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:43 PM

This type of crime happens a lot Mups and it seems that a lot of people couldnt give a fig, I think is says a lot about us human beings.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 10:53 PM

A bit off topic but who remembers really nasty little boys and girls from our childhood? I bet they grew up to be nasty young adults and are now nasty elderly people with nasty children
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The law doesn't care enough about animals enough.
They are merely possessions like bits of furniture, instead of living, sentient beings. It really angers me clumsy.
It angers me too Mups.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2016, 11:09 PM

I also hate the fact that a dog or cat is seen as nothing more than a possesion and valued as a TV or other item of furniture.
The law has no idea of the emotional value and to many people including myself, taking my dog would be akin to kidnapping my child.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
... This hateful little brat (16 years old), got taken to court and was fined £450.
If those pups were weaned, he probably got anything between £1000 - £2,000 for them.
So in his case - crime did pay, didn't it.
He will probably go and steal some more now, to get his money back!
Not for one moment defending the kid, Mups. I'm guessing from the avatar that you're a 'dog person'.
But might there not be one or too wild assumptions in your post ?

Is there even a teensy-weensy bit of evidence that the dogs were on-sold for the sort of money you reckon they might bring ?
Is it possible it was an impulsive act and that the kid(s) had no idea of the dogs' value ?
Do you know if the "hateful little brat" had any priors ?
Might it have been a first-offence.
Is there the slightest evidence that the dogs were mistreated ?
Do we know if there was any peer-pressure or even bullying involved ?
Were you in court to assess whether genuine remorse was expressed ?
Do we know if the offender was "the full quid" ?

Might the dogs have been sold to some smart adult for ten quid each or even given away ?

450 quid - to a (possibly unemployed) 16/17yo who might have received little or nothing for the dogs ... could be a fortune - to him - and a record to boot.

Without all the facts, it is easy to over-react.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
The law is not a joke. it is a balancing act, hence the scales weighing competing claims and it is impartial, hence Justice is often depicted blindfolded.

I was going to write more but that bastard Pumistone has covered it all most adequately.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

15-03-2016, 02:10 PM

Pummy & Bruce,
I can't do the link properly, but if you can see any of this you will see what I am on about.
It seems these puppies were worth even more than I had estimated.
Thieves know the value of pedigree dogs, dog theft it is both widespread and profitable here, I don't know about where you are?
I hardly think these people went out armed with crowbars to help little old ladies cross the road.

I do not want to be rude, but I think it is people who try to make excuses for offenders or make light of an offence that need their heads examined.
It would be interesting to see if your big-hearted theories would be the same if tomorrow, you were unfortunate enough to be the victim.

If you were on a jury and fought to get obvious criminals off the hook, you are as good as giving your permission for them to carry on re-offending.

You ask if I know the puppies were sold? No I don't KNOW, but they were either sold or killed IMO, some go for dog-fighting bait.
You mentioned remorse? If those thugs were repentant and remorseful, they would tell the owners where to find their puppies, easy enough surely.

As I said, I can't do the link properly, but here goes:

Seven-week old Bertie and Jimmy, each worth £2,000, were taken after two raiders used a crowbar to force their way into their owner's house in Beccles Drive, Portobello.
Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...xUMuwoDRctB.99

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top