Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 07:36 PM

Re: Personality or Possessions

Never had many possessions, just a few pressies from relatives /friends.I cant understand why some people will pay hundreds of pounds to own something,this money could be more use given to help a good cause
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 07:47 AM

Well yes it could but you could say that about everything .
We could all live on Bread and water and send the money to good causes .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 08:50 AM

Maybe part of this depends on WHY some people have 'possessions' too.
Some people may have stuff they treasure very much like a memory of someone departed, or family heirloom or even their hobby, etc, but others just buy stuff on a whim to show off with.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Maybe part of this depends on WHY some people have 'possessions' too.
Some people may have stuff they treasure very much like a memory of someone departed, or family heirloom or even their hobby, etc, but others just buy stuff on a whim to show off with.
I buy cars on a whim because I want to do so, certainly not to show off.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I'd like to know why some married/attached men,when on their own, are the biggest flirts out. See the same man out with his wife or partner and they don't say a dicky bird.....just slink along behind 'she who must be obeyed'!!
I am very fortunate, my wife is never jealous of the way I treat other women.
She knows she is perfectly safe in our relationship and has no need to worry on that account.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I'd like to know why some married/attached men,when on their own, are the biggest flirts out. See the same man out with his wife or partner and they don't say a dicky bird.....just slink along behind 'she who must be obeyed'!!
That is so very true Artangel

When they have finished flirting and propositioning you the say " Don't tell the wife!!
Also if you took up their propositions they would run a mile

Wives may tolerate this behaviour , but i don't think all of them really like it. They are just resigned to it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
That is so very true Artangel

When they have finished flirting and propositioning you the say " Don't tell the wife!!
Also if you took up their propositions they would run a mile

Wives may tolerate this behaviour , but i don't think all of them really like it. They are just resigned to it.
Hi Azure! I hope you're well!

Years and years ago, in the village where l used to live, there was a man who was the biggest flirt. If l saw him in the local VG store, he would sidle up beside me by the fridges and ask if l would like a relationship, like in the BBC2 programme Butterflies! I would laugh at him and tell him to clear off! Later, if l saw him with his wife at the local school or in the village he would be walking along beside her like a lamb and wouldn't speak if he saw you.
Not long ago, l saw him with his wife and they stopped to chat with me. He didn't speak a word as she was relating the gory details of his triple by-pass operation! I wanted to laugh and laugh as l tnought he wasn't so quiet and shy whilst propositioning me whilst selecting his yogurts in the VG shop all those years ago!!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top