Join for free
Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 11:56 AM

Re: Bodyguard

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The car drove off down the street and just for a moment I was thinking, it's gonna blow, it's gonna blow but of course it didn't.
Yes, I too kept waiting for that, and breathed a sigh of relief when the credits rolled. Huge phew!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When it got really tense, l had to turn off the sound and ‘busy’ myself and take peeps out the corner of my eye. They stretched that bit out a bit, didn’t they?!!

I loved the bomb disposal expert, Daniel Chung, with his kind eyes and disposition. l know he was only an actor but it brought home how close a bomb disposal expert can be to death. Such brave people.

I thought when David Budd was sent into the other room for counselling that Julia Montague would be in there!

In similar series/films, l always wonder if the car will blow up but l didn’t on this occasion and maybe that’s because there were children in the car! I mean... they wouldn’t blow the children up, would they? Or am l just naive?
I loved the bit where he cut the second wire and the sound went off completely. Excellent direction.

Apparently, this programme attracted the most viewers for a decade.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
No nicely set up for another series
Yes I think so and of course if there is a second series, she could still be alive??????
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 04:21 PM

I was on the edge of my seat throughout the painfully-long park scene. Wonderful television! I had an inkling that the IS girl had something still to do with all of this. A strange twist in the tale though was that the highest odds in the Sunday papers were on the police commander though at 3/1!? Never a chance!

A brilliantly tense and excrutiatingly nerve-wracking episode. Quite honestly, those bomb disposal experts are undoubtedly heroes before they even begin their work.

I did end up watching it at 6.20am this morning, there's no way I would have slept!

And did you see the trailer following this excellent series? - A new series of Line Of Duty coming next year. Fantastic!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:03 PM

I missed LoD until the recent series, which I enjoyed, so bought the first lot on DVD. Something to watch at a later date.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:18 PM

Really gripping stuff! This drama had me hooked from day one. I'm afraid it will be a very long time before another series can keep my attention in the same way. So many of these so called dramas go on for far too many weeks, months in fact. They drag on until the story lines get ridiculous.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-09-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I was on the edge of my seat throughout the painfully-long park scene. Wonderful television! I had an inkling that the IS girl had something still to do with all of this. A strange twist in the tale though was that the highest odds in the Sunday papers were on the police commander though at 3/1!? Never a chance!

A brilliantly tense and excrutiatingly nerve-wracking episode. Quite honestly, those bomb disposal experts are undoubtedly heroes before they even begin their work.

I did end up watching it at 6.20am this morning, there's no way I would have slept!

And did you see the trailer following this excellent series? - A new series of Line Of Duty coming next year. Fantastic!
Yes, Looking forward to that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I loved the bit where he cut the second wire and the sound went off completely. Excellent direction.

Apparently, this programme attracted the most viewers for a decade.
Yes, I fully expected the bomb to go off.

After all, the writer had killed off the HS, so it wouldn't have been unexpected for the other star to be snuffed out in the final episode.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I fully expected the bomb to go off.

After all, the writer had killed off the HS, so it wouldn't have been unexpected for the other star to be snuffed out in the final episode.
That's right. One of those programmes where the unthinkable happens.... I like that.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-09-2018, 07:52 AM

Remember Spooks? Their stars were always being killed off, or turned rogue.

Page 19 of 20 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top