Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 06:16 PM

Re: Store closures

I have a £25 voucher for B&Q but find it hard to see anything I actually want.

In the end more than likely buy some plants or something for the garden
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:22 PM

When there was an abundance of DIY programs on telly the ensuing trade was enough to keep several different DIY stores in business. But now it's all cooking programs, and being as it's nicer to eat tasty food than to be up a ladder behind a paint brush it's no contest....Bon Apetite....
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:31 PM

Homebase has gone from near me and good riddance. Overpriced and overated they can't compare with 'The Range' who have taken over the premises.

Huge stocks of household goods at very good prices,and the gardening section is brilliant with quality plants at very competetive prices.Homebase was rubbish compared to this outfit and a full car park proves it...their selection and prices will have the local Wilkos worried too.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 11:52 PM

running a business isn't easy nowadays - once you could start in a grocery store and become a Prime Minister!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 10:04 AM

1. Younger people aren't interested or can't do simple DIY jobs.
2. B&Q stock everything you don't want.
3. Tool Station is cheap, and good website. Owned by Wickes.
4. Axminster for tools. Good website and tech support.
5. Screwfix - now the whisper is that B&Q are downsizing into more Screwfix outlets.
6. Rutlands for tools. Good website.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 08:19 AM

My nearest branch of Homebase went last year. (It was inconvenient as it meant travelling further to order my bathroom conversion, and some duplication of effort as they didn't have any record of the work done by the first chap I went to.)

I wonder how much difference this'll make?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...ngs-takes-over
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 09:28 AM

We've lost our Focus store, sadly missed, then our local DIY closed, it was expensive. Now Wickes has arrived, mostly full of kitchen units and uninteresting stuff, basic paint range and lots of wood. Very boring for anyone who needs ideas or has ideas of improving their home.
With a bit of luck Homedepot will seize the opportunity to arrive here from the US, it's amazing. Stuff in there we've never imagined!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 12:51 PM

Just heard Homebase has been taken over by someone, hopefully it will improve.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 12:53 PM

Yes, that was why I bumped this thread.

But whether it'll mean improvement is another matter.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 12:58 PM

I understand that Homebase and Argos were wanted by Sainsburys, but somebody else managed to get Homebase. Not sure who it was but, if it is a company already in that market, maybe they also have a store in the area of the ones that are to be closed, so it would be cheaper to have both stores under the same roof.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top