Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Soup Maker

Hi
Ive been looking at these soup makers with an idea of buying one ...what dyou think are they worth the money or do you have one or tried one?
Or is the good old saucepan the best way to make soups...the soup maker actually blends the soup once its cooked too but Im still not sure if its worth the money.

Help !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richa...rds=soupmakers
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:16 PM

Re: Soup Maker

Most decidedly not worth the money.
Making soup is as easy as boiling an egg !
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:18 PM

How do you boil an egg??
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:35 PM

LOL @ realspeed hehehee........Ive just made some leek soup using the saucepan method and tbh im thinking a soup maker is just not worth it... btw the soup recipe came from Solos brill soup thread. I had a little test of it as its now done for later and it tastes delicious. Shall be having some with a crusty tiger roll for tea later
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:42 PM

I have never quite understood the need for many of these things I see you can even get egg boilers now a days. A saucepan is all I need and a food processor if you want it smooth but we like a bit of a chunky soup so no need for that here.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:57 PM

Aysa, don't waste your money, as everyone says, use a Saucepan and if you want a creamy soup, put it in the liquidizer.

Soups are so easy to make, I like making Carrot and Coriander or Potato and Leeks.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have never quite understood the need for many of these things I see you can even get egg boilers now a days. A saucepan is all I need and a food processor if you want it smooth but we like a bit of a chunky soup so no need for that here.
No need for it here either Julie, we like good healthy chunky soup.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 06:02 PM

I make soups by boiling the vegetables in a pan and then blending. If we don't blend we add meat and call it stew.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 10:38 PM

Well I am going to be different. My daughter bought me one of these a couple of years ago, and its great. I can either have smooth soup or chunky soup. I make a few different flavours then freeze them. You can just put the ingredients in switch it on and forget about it.

So I say yes Aysa, go ahead and get one, you won't regret it.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

27-09-2015, 11:05 PM

Thanks Marion
Ive decided against buying one but I will be getting a good blender as I dont have one of those..I shall continue using the good old saucepan method and save my money.
Can I ask how do you store your soup in the freezer,I mean what type of containers do you use as space in my freezer is limited

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top