Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:03 PM

Bit of Luck

As we are trying to move to a smaller home my wife wants to replace some of our things and we went to Currys this morning because they were offering a kettle and a 4-slice toaster that she likes for £34.99 each.

When we got there we explained what we wanted and were told they were out of stock.

We asked the sales person if she could find out if more are on order and whether we could order them and collect when they arrived and she went away to ask "the Manager".

She came back 3 minutes later and said "No"
No what? I asked.
No we can't do that she said!

We just told them that we'd go elsewhere and see if a rival wanted our custom and she just shrugged!

We went to Argos and bought them there, expecting to pay £39.99 each as we'd checked before.

Oh no they said. They're on special pre-Black Friday @ £29.99 each - so we bought them on the spot.

Stuff Currys!!

I've a good mind to email them now!! stevmk2
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:24 PM

Re: Bit of Luck

The last time we went to Currys, the staff just stood around chatting. Nobody seemed interested in serving us, so we walked out.

Stuff Currys !!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:40 PM

Box shifters - no product knowledge or sales training. Greeted with, "Alright mate?". Replied, "I am just fine, and may I ask, how are you? Oh, I and I am not your mate!"
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Box shifters - no product knowledge or sales training. Greeted with, "Alright mate?". Replied, "I am just fine, and may I ask, how are you? Oh, I and I am not your mate!"
Yep!

That's Customer Service in the new millennium.

There are some good ones but the bad ones outweigh them ten to one.

Giving good Customer Service is so very easy too! stevmk2
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:54 PM

Well done, it makes your day when something good like that happens Happy Toasting.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 02:59 PM

Lol ... good for you Steve and Mrs Steve.

Whenever I've been into Curry's and asked for a bit of technical info (microwaves/ovens etc) the salesperson would read me what it said on the label !

FanTASTIC lol .. lol .. lol

I do my research online now before I venture out to give the product a poke
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 04:50 PM

I bought a Roku for my telly from Currys and the handset has stopped working, their response phone the company we cant help. Guess I wont be shopping there again
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 05:50 PM

A while back I got lambasted by one member from here for slagging Currys off because their son worked there.

They could do no wrong apparently
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 07:06 PM

Oh yes Jimmy! I remember that! I went there to look for a new laptop but got no help choosing from the staff who were more interested in selling certain makes without being able to answer my questions
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2015, 07:31 PM

A few years ago I was staying with a friend and we went into Currys in Stevenage. I was looking for telephones, at the time I thought it would be cheaper to buy one in UK and bring it back, there were not too many electrical retailers here at the time. Found a couple that looked as if they were what I wanted, then we couldn't find any staff, eventually found a young man and asked him a few questions about the phones I was interested in, and was there any on display so that I could see them. No, there were none on display and no he couldn't open a box to show me, he then told me that customers should do their research into things before going into the shops to buy them and he walked off ! I went, with my friend, to the cash desk and asked to see the manager, the manager came, a woman, she told me that I shouldn't expect sales staff to have technical knowledge of the products they were selling, I told her that she obviously needed to send her sales staff on customer relations training courses and we left. No I most definitely would not consider buying anything from Currys ever again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top