Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 06:38 PM

Our Home Move!

I should have gone to work today but I have had to take the day off because the solicitors we appointed got EVERYTHING wrong!

There were times where my wife was in tears over the last few days and i was close to murdering a dimwit estate agent!

How ANYONE could make such a hash of a simple-but-lengthy form filling exercise that produces identifiable, known costs absolutely defeats me.

A baboon could do it but no, these young know-it-alls f***k-up everything to the point where I was so close to murder that I was planning my bloody appeal!

We have spent ALL DAY going through this, using words of no more the two syllables whenever possible but even then I get one Numpty this evening telling me she's sorted it all out and we're paying just £4,2140!

It's under £3000 and it took ALL BLOODY DAY to get that fact acknowledged!
Hopefully it's all done now as our daughter's partner's on the case and her step-brother's in there too - family on your side helps!

I have to go to work tomorrow - felt bad about today but my wife's falling apart over all this and I can't do telephones so I had to be here to do it.

Just as well it seems.

How we in this country ever got to the supposed level of civilisation we claim we are at defeats me.

Thinking of buying a cave instead........stevmk2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 07:08 PM

Re: Our Home Move!

I know it’s awful to see the wife upset Steve, good to see the family behind you and it’ll be all sorted out before you know it, hopefully and barring no more hitches, fingers crossed for you ‘ol son.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I know it’s awful to see the wife upset Steve, good to see the family behind you and it’ll be all sorted out before you know it, hopefully and barring no more hitches, fingers crossed for you ‘ol son.
Thanks Jem.

I know you mean that too.

It's a perfect house for us as we just couldn't afford a bungalow locally.

My wife loves the garden too but I can see work for me to do with a Summerhouse she's dreaming about now.

(Don't think I should put pictures of the house here - I'd love to but - better not!) stevmk2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 08:06 PM

That is todays education for you, ZERO, and yet people employ these empty headed people. Bet they can't even add up their total of fingers and thumbs without a computer
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2015, 08:49 PM

Very frustrating Steve at least you have got it sorted
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

25-11-2015, 07:20 PM

Despite us telling them emails please, despite our agent telling them emails please and despite our son-in-law telling them "contact ME!!" these solicitors are still 'phoning my wife's mobile and it's always, always, always just before their offices close!

Another call @ 17:26 this evening that my wife tried to deal with but didn't understand anything the man said as he had a strong Asian accent - but not British Asian.

Our son-in-law has said he'd deal with it, bless him.

This is just the sort of thing that I said I can't do to the DWP on my PIP Applications and there's loads just like this.

Did you know for example that SKY will NOT accept your cancelling the subscription by letter or email - they want you to 'phone them!

They're not unique either as more and more companies do this now as I found from my ASDA Credit Card - I asked for Contacts and was given an email contact address.

I sent them an email - they never read it and now only accept secure emails from their site, which crashes regularly or the 'phone.

4 times I've had this and each time it says "Ring them"

Brilliant!

9 million, (and rising!), hard-of-hearing potential customers alienated at a stroke! stevmk2
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 07:27 PM

i just had the same nitemare .moved end of july --sleepless b--- nites ..everytime the fone rang my buyers solicitor would be finding another claws arrrrgh lucky i dont live near beachy head lol.....the stress of selling and buying is second to none ..it will pass steve and come right in the end' tell the wife ...but never again i hope...........
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

26-11-2015, 07:53 PM

More stress today, started at 5:30 again - why is it always, ALWAYS when you cannot reach people as they've gone for the day?!

My wife had a call on her mobile when we were in ASDA telling us our vendors were doing the Aztec Shuffle over the AGREED moving date.

(Thoughts: Is this sufficient grounds for justifiable homicide?!)

Lots of gnashing of teeth and veiled threats this end and then we get another call @ 6:45 saying all OK - all back of course again.

Having a beer now - may have two or three more stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

26-11-2015, 08:01 PM

You are NOT going to believe this!

Our daughter's come up with another Removal firm and we now have to ask them for a quote as she's asked them very nicely for us and they've said they'll beat our best quote

They are called ISIS!

Straight-up - that's their trading name - ISIS Removals.

Website's interesting................ stevmk2
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 08:57 PM

Oh i'm sorry Steve i've got it all to come yet and i'm dreading it as were not moving local, were moving to the coast... We have someone who's interested in our house and we know that they are going to put an offer in once they get the details to having a dip in the roadside so they can have a drive...
I know our Estate Agents seem incompetent and inefficient as i am having to do all the phoning to get information out of them? I still have to get myself a solicitor so hopefully i get the right one..
Good Luck and hope it settles down and runs a little smoother for you both

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top