Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 03:16 PM

Stain Removers

We have a wet room with a cream special flooring, which cost an arm and a leg. One of my husbands carers has left a carrier bag on the wet floor for a few days (full of recycling) When I moved it the lettering on the bag had stained the floor purple (area about the size of a tea plate)

I have gone through a whole exotic range of stain removers that I have and it is a little paler. Does anyone have any wonderful ideas, up their sleeves, that I could try.

Once before (in the old SZ days) someone was very helpful when I had the yellow stains from lillies on a cream carpet. I am hoping that someone can be of help again.

Why can't I have normal stains like wine, or coffee, instead of the more difficult ones!

Thanks in anticipation.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Re: Stain Removers

Try a 'patio cleaner'
This is a mild acid or alkali ... I'm not sure which but if you apply it with a paint brush and leave it for an hour and then wash it off it should do the trick.
Be sure to let us know
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 04:34 PM

What about bicarb mixed to a paste, leave for a while then rinse off
Or maybe you should google the flooring and stain remover tips for it
I've done that for other things
What did you use on the carpet for the lillies stain ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
We have a wet room with a cream special flooring, which cost an arm and a leg. One of my husbands carers has left a carrier bag on the wet floor for a few days (full of recycling) When I moved it the lettering on the bag had stained the floor purple (area about the size of a tea plate)

I have gone through a whole exotic range of stain removers that I have and it is a little paler. Does anyone have any wonderful ideas, up their sleeves, that I could try.

Once before (in the old SZ days) someone was very helpful when I had the yellow stains from lillies on a cream carpet. I am hoping that someone can be of help again.

Why can't I have normal stains like wine, or coffee, instead of the more difficult ones!

Thanks in anticipation.
Hello Celyn it really depends what the tiles are made of I am assuming they are porous.

I would go back to the tile fitters/manufacturers for advice rather than risk spoiling your lovely tiles or using something which might affect the tile colour/grouting causing it to leak.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 09:00 PM

How about trying some Cif cream cleaner, it's pretty good for stains..
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 11:30 PM

Thanks for your replies.

It isn't tiles and not porous. It is seemless flooring that curves a couple of inches up the wall. It's very heavy duty as it was intended for wheelchair use, and has a special *dimpled* non slip surface.There were layers and layers of membrane under it, before it was laid.

Cif was the first port of call, followed by bleach. I have been rummaging through my cupboard and found some Dylon stuff for removing ink. That has had some effect.

Patsy the carpet stain remover is Stikatak Floor Pro Carpet Stain Remover 400ml Removes Carpet Stains. You used to be able to buy it in B and Q but now I have to buy it on line. It was recommended by someone on SZ and i have now used it for 5 years sucessfully. I had to use it several times to remove the pollen stains. Someone who cleans caprpets said I would never get it out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Celyn it really depends what the tiles are made of I am assuming they are porous.

I would go back to the tile fitters/manufacturers for advice rather than risk spoiling your lovely tiles or using something which might affect the tile colour/grouting causing it to leak.

I agree with this Ceylon, better to be safe than sorry.

I was going to suggest something called ' Barkeepers Friend' which I buy from Lakelands, but best to find out for sure rather than mess them up.
Celyn
Hampshire

27-11-2015, 01:15 AM

I watched a video earlier, on YouTube which mentioned bar keepers friend. I do have some and I remembered it worked well. Unfortunately I don't know the manufacturer, as we passed the whole lot over to a project manager to oversee the whole room being refurbished and specially adapted for a wheelchair user.

I must say some of the videos on YouTube were a joke.,I didn't find one that had actually managed to remove the stain. Vinegar mixed with bicarb seems popular.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Try a 'patio cleaner'
This is a mild acid or alkali ... I'm not sure which but if you apply it with a paint brush and leave it for an hour and then wash it off it should do the trick.
Be sure to let us know
So you don't consider this to be a worthwhile proposition then ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
I watched a video earlier, on YouTube which mentioned bar keepers friend. I do have some and I remembered it worked well. Unfortunately I don't know the manufacturer, as we passed the whole lot over to a project manager to oversee the whole room being refurbished and specially adapted for a wheelchair user.

I must say some of the videos on YouTube were a joke.,I didn't find one that had actually managed to remove the stain. Vinegar mixed with bicarb seems popular.

Yes - I thought that might work, has to be white vinegar though
Thanks for the info too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top