Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:16 PM

Re: Stain Removers

I will have to get some patio cleaner Malcolm, and I haven't dismissed it. It isn't easy for me to get to a retailer until next week. In the meantime I gave to work with what I have. It is much paler than it was, and doesn't jump out at me, but I still know it's there. Would patio cleaner be ok on a plastic/vinyl type surface Malcolm?
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:20 PM

A few years ago another care burnt a mark the size of a 10p piece in my kitchen flooring. Eventually I mixed up my paints and painted the pattern back in. The mark was invisible. 5 years in art college paid off I will not be beaten.
Celyn
Hampshire

29-11-2015, 11:53 AM

I can only see the stain if I look really closely for it.No one else would notice. What has worked was some Dylon liquid stain removal which is meant for ink etc. I found it in the back of my cleaning cupboard.I had to used it about a dozen times. I used Bartenders Friend. I should have taken a before picture as it was deep purple about 6 inches long and 2 inches wide, which wouldn't shift. Besides the cleaners, it has taken all together about 5 hours of work, spread over a few days. Thank you for all your input. I will put all the ideas in my memory bank, for a next time........hoping there isn't a next time.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
I will have to get some patio cleaner Malcolm, and I haven't dismissed it. It isn't easy for me to get to a retailer until next week. In the meantime I gave to work with what I have. It is much paler than it was, and doesn't jump out at me, but I still know it's there. Would patio cleaner be ok on a plastic/vinyl type surface Malcolm?
I had presumed the tiles would be ceramic... but try a very small area of the stain first...just dab on some of the cleaner with a paintbrush and watch to see what happens...the stain should disappear in a few moments, then wash away the cleaner with water and do another bit the same way. You will only need a very small amount so only buy the smallest amount.

Here is a link that may help too

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-t...-from-plastic/
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 12:09 PM

Just to say Malcolm the flooring is 'not' tiles
Non porous covering
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Just to say Malcolm the flooring is 'not' tiles
Non porous covering
It matters not Patsy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top