Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 02:15 PM

Re: Cleaners

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Malcolm, I've had my Dyson Animal for over 6 years and it has to be the best vacuum I've ever used. How can you tell people to avoid them just because you don't like them?
Same here,I have the same and for the same length of time,at $500.00 here it is still the best Vacuum I have ever owned,I had a Rainbow once,it was good but a sorry motor.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I love my Dyson and wouldn't have anything else.
It cleans both hard floors and carpets beautifully .
I exchanged my ancient Dyson for a newer small lighter version a couple of years ago so I can lift it up and down stairs easily and am very pleased with it .
My first Dyson did over 28 years of work, what it vacuumed up in Kenya you would not believe ! The housemaid (I say housemaid because she objected to be called a cleaner, in Kenya they are housemaids) really knocked it about, but it came here to Spain with us still working. It did another five years here then it just got so tired it gave up and was replaced with another Dyson, slimline ball model, which is brilliant, hoses and pipes come out and in easily, hose reaches the ceiling with ease, I love it and would definitely stick with Dyson, although I hope it won't have to be replaced for a long time yet.
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 08:34 PM

We bought a Henry and never regretted it, best vacuum cleaner we have ever had.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
We bought a Henry and never regretted it, best vacuum cleaner we have ever had.
Yep
So easy to use and they follow you around effortlessly

One time, I tried mother in law's upright Dyson but it was really too wide and combersome to use in the bathroom .

No probs with Hettie ... basic and sensible, with no 'go faster' stripes
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2015, 05:40 PM

My Henry is excellent for cleaning out the car of dog hairs, the only cleaner that has been so effective, it is very well built and simple to use with a very powerful suction.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 04:34 PM

Sorry ... Blinkin' iPad got me on the wrong thread
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 05:28 PM

I appreciate that a lot of people rate Dyson but they are a bit bloomin' expensive aren't they!

Our new house is all wooden flooring downstairs and as far as we can remember the only carpet is the stairs and landing.

We have an upright Zanussi which is getting on for 5 years old but it's really for carpets and that why I was asking.

I've given up on the cordless idea as they don't seem to be rated highly but we don't know what to go for now.

We have bought a mop that you fit antistatic wipes to for wooden flooring so until we get some ideas that'll have to do now and we'll use a hand brush for the stairs maybe! stevmk2

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top