Join for free
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 08:47 PM

My extension

Despite the wet and windy weather, my builders have been hard at work on my one-room extension, and today the roof has gone on. Tomorrow the windows arrive, so I'm getting a little bit excited now. Hopefully by early February it will be complete and I can reclaim my spare bedroom from the furniture repository it is now.

I optimistically refer to it as my sunroom because it will have lots of glass, but what is a sunroom without any sun? At least my stove will keep it cosy as I look out at the rain...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Re: My extension

Great news Ania they have wasted no time have they .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 08:51 PM

Sounds good Ania
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 08:55 PM

Thanks, Meg and Myrtle.

You're right, Meg. They started on 25 November, and have worked through some truly awful weather, although there were inevitably some days that they could do nothing. Then there was Christmas, too. There was a delay when they needed to cut into my roof but the weather was too bad. But once that was done it seems to have been all systems go again.

There are a lot of rogue builders about, but these ones are terrific!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Thanks, Meg and Myrtle.

You're right, Meg. They started on 25 November, and have worked through some truly awful weather, although there were inevitably some days that they could do nothing. Then there was Christmas, too. There was a delay when they needed to cut into my roof but the weather was too bad. But once that was done it seems to have been all systems go again.

There are a lot of rogue builders about, but these ones are terrific!
You're very lucky to have found reliable builders. We're looking for someone to put in some built in wardrobes. I feel defeated before I've begun the search, just not easy..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

11-01-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
You're very lucky to have found reliable builders. We're looking for someone to put in some built in wardrobes. I feel defeated before I've begun the search, just not easy..
Yes, I am. These were highly recommended by friends who had him build their extension and who also knew several other people who had had work done by him. That's the only way I can find people, and fortunately in an area like this word of mouth is freely available!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:12 PM

It´s good when you can find reliable builders, it´s such a game of chance these days. I´m sure you´ll be very happy in your new room.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:16 PM

Sounds like you hit lucky with your builders, Ania - pleased for you that it's going so well ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 12:57 AM

Sounds good Ania. Just get the other place all wound up now, and you'll be able to look forward to finally getting things how you want them.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 04:58 AM

It's nice to see someone taking the time to praise their builders, all too often we hear of the horror stories.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top