Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 11:19 AM

Re: Cooker failed

Originally Posted by Lila ->
What sort of cooker are you planning to get, if/when you do get one?
Well we want a built in oven and separate induction hob but that's when we can get on with renovating the kitchen our old cookers grill and hob still works just the oven part, the idea is buy a mini oven now and when we've done with it it can be stored in case of emergencies
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
What a pain for you Primus. Perhaps it'll give you the impetus to get on with planning your new kitchen - how exciting

This item isn't cheap - Remoska - but it's really good; so versatile, and would fill the gap for a while.

I've got a normal oven but the Remoska can do so many things - roast, casserole, pasta bake, cook cakes - I don't use the normal oven a lot. Only when I'm cooking for more than us two really
Looks good dhinasmum but we've seen a mini oven that looks a bit like a microwave oven ,off tojohn lewis soon to buy one
Primus1
York

17-01-2016, 01:04 PM

So ordered a microwave/combined oven in the end seemed the most logical way to go it does everything we need and it will replace our existing ( annoyingly almost new ) microwave and we won't lose any worktop space had to order it as they had none in stock we'll pick itup tomorrow
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:21 PM

Out of interest, two things :
What makes you suspect the FFD?
What is the make and model of your cooker?
As a gas engineer, I can only advise you that touching any gas related parts are not for the DIY person.
Primus1
York

20-01-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Out of interest, two things :
What makes you suspect the FFD?
What is the make and model of your cooker?
As a gas engineer, I can only advise you that touching any gas related parts are not for the DIY person.
Cannon Windsor, suspect ffd as oven lights but flame won't rise and looking at ffd it looks a bit worn , 26 years a service engineer gas safe registered
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Cannon Windsor, suspect ffd as oven lights but flame won't rise and looking at ffd it looks a bit worn , 26 years a service engineer gas safe registered
My apologies Primus, I didn't know that you were in the trade too. Does your model have an oven timer?
I use G A S for spares and found this

http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/catalogu...2836e01&page=1
Not sure of your exact model.
Primus1
York

20-01-2016, 11:07 PM

No worries mate,I think our cooker is about 18years old have searched for spares but can't find our particular model I suppose its lasted well with only one repair in that time( I had to change the electronic ignition unit ) so I guess its done well, we can still use the grill and hob though just the oven part,anyway we bought an oven/microwave combined so that will have to do for the time being
gasman
Kent, UK

20-01-2016, 11:10 PM

Does it have an oven timer?
Primus1
York

21-01-2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Does it have an oven timer?
Yes it does
gasman
Kent, UK

21-01-2016, 06:08 PM

Check that the control on the timer hasn't accidentally been switched from manual to auto - this would cause a small flame too.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top