Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 12:01 PM

Re: Trading Standards?

Have you tried "bleeding" the air out of the cold radiators, moreover? If most of them are hot, it could just be airlocks in the cold ones, stopping the hot water from getting through them.

Here is how to do it - it really is simple -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3-QWp6E1KU
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 06:15 PM

What the video fails to tell you is that you must turn off the heating first. As for using a bucket, no way. Can cause problems if you decide to drop it - it showed you the man cleaning the wall afterwards.
That occasionally happens to everyone. Personally, I use a couple of towels - one for the bleed screw and one on the floor.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
No replies this morning to emails sent around various sites yesterday, including one to the engineer!

The radiators went cold around 7pm last night, except for the one in the bathroom. The usuals came on this morning with the timer, but the one in the far bedroom and at the other end of the house in the conservatory are still cold.

I'll try shutting down the radiators and opening them up again in turn again later. Back to the coal fire again, I suppose.
The one in the bathroom might run off the hot water circuit - quite common for older systems. Check the times on your programmer to see how it is set. It might have gone off earlier than you think. This maybe because the engineer turned off the boiler power and didn't alter the times to suit.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 07:18 PM

I didn't do the bleeding because I didn't get what he said about filing it up again. Also, I just set the time to 'ON' until I go to bed, then put it on timer to come on at 7.30am.

Thanks for the help It's been better today and the radiators are still hot, so far. Although the end bedroom one is still stone cold.
gasman
Kent, UK

21-01-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
I didn't do the bleeding because I didn't get what he said about filing it up again. Also, I just set the time to 'ON' until I go to bed, then put it on timer to come on at 7.30am.

Thanks for the help It's been better today and the radiators are still hot, so far. Although the end bedroom one is still stone cold.
Filling the system up again refers to a sealed system ie: no small tank in the loft to supply system water. Without knowing your system, I can't give you advice.
The timer to 'on' is 24 hours.
The end bedroom radiator might need bleeding - then again, are you sure that the radiator valves are open?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top