Join for free
Page 26 of 72 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 03:35 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Although you have to pay!
Yes, you do have to pay to go round the abbey. I think its part of English Heritage so anybody with membership will get in for free.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Bet that plumber couldn't believe his luck longfellow!

199 steps up to the abbey, I used to climb them until recently, with one or two stops on the way up but the last couple of years I've not even attempted them. If you've not seen the abbey its worth.
Yes I remember those days when we would run up those steps.
I still have a few black n whites of myself climbing the Abbey walls I suppose its all fenced off these days due to health n safety but in the 60s/70s you could roam all over the Abbey graveyard and remaining brickwork.

I wonder do the boats still pile the crab boxes up on the side of the harbour. We used to always love teasing the poor crabs with their pinchers sticking out. All the fishermen would be sitting in the pubs along the front waiting and watching until the wagons came along to pick up the boxes.

Better days .
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 03:43 PM

Just noticed that last post Val.
I suppose things have changed .. lol
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I still have a few black n whites of myself climbing the Abbey walls I suppose its all fenced off these days due to health n safety but in the 60s/70s you could roam all over the Abbey graveyard and remaining brickwork.
Don't tell me that you have to pay to get in, and THEN they've fenced some of it off?

I don't know as I couldn't afford to go in the last few times we've been there.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 05:16 PM

Ok, I'll be wearing my Brid Kid T-shirt! I think I'd recognise Foxy but hope there's not too many Dark Side of the Moon caps about!
There shouldn't be too many, Val. The only people who wear them will be chilled out 50-somethings like myself
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
There shouldn't be too many, Val. The only people who wear them will be chilled out 50-somethings like myself
Hey, I must dig out my Status Quo scarf!
Val J
East Yorkshire

28-04-2017, 02:19 PM

I wonder if anyone is watching le Tour de Yorkshire? They left Brid over an hour ago on their way to Scarborough but making a loop and cycling through dozens of town and villages including Driffield, Pocklington, Pickering, up to Whitby and back down to Scarborough via Robin Hood's Bay. That's Day 1, something like 100 miles I think, not sure where they go from there.

I took a few photos as they passed my way but as they'd just set off were grouped together and passed by in a flash!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 06:02 PM

I wonder if anyone is watching le Tour de Yorkshire? They left Brid over an hour ago on their way to Scarborough but making a loop and cycling through dozens of town and villages including Driffield, Pocklington, Pickering, up to Whitby and back down to Scarborough via Robin Hood's Bay.
Robin Hood's Bay?

If they cycle all the way down to the bottom, they'll never get back out again!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 06:14 PM

It goes right past my house on Sunday so I will have a front row seat. one of my friends is doing pie and peas... will be fun
Val J
East Yorkshire

28-04-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Robin Hood's Bay?

If they cycle all the way down to the bottom, they'll never get back out again!
Can it be any harder than Garrowby Hill JBR, maybe steeper but certainly not as long!

Did anyone see the pile up at the end in Scarborough, not heard anything since but hope nobody was seriously injured.

Page 26 of 72 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top