Join for free
Page 29 of 72 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:07 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
As long as you didn't have to go to that atmosphere-free temple of despair and loneliness they call Freeport, Val, Foxy.

I love Hornsea and I've no idea why. There's nothing much to do there, but Mrs. Floydysaurus and myself take a drive up there at least once a month for a stroll and maybe a fish cake. That little cafe on the front is great for a mug of tea and some teacakes as well!

Enjoy Sewerby park today too, my second home virtually as a kid when we had a caravan on the Charity Farm site. Happy days!

Nothing too special for me today, just a bit of shopping and out tonight to a 70th birthday party.
Though I did mention in the good morning thread yesterday that we to see Keep It Cash on Hull's pier last night. It went very well indeed but was rather chilly.
Yer, you're right about Freeport Floydy, it never did quite do it for me either.
I once cycled it to Hornsea (109 miles round trip), took me about three hours to get there and six coming home....Into a head wind.....Wish I could do it now though....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Was at Hornsea Garden Centre last Saturday Foxy, bought a few bargain plants and as is becoming a daily event, had coffee and scone.

Meeting friends for coffee this afternoon, perhaps Sewerby Park or maybe the Spa, it's a lovely sunny day here with a bit of a breeze.

I think schools finish today so the next few weeks will be just a bit busy round here, will have to find lesser known places to visit!
Good garden centre that Val, although the one just outside Brid just beats them for food. Usually go there for Saturday lunch and then walk it off along the seafront.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sunny here on the wrong side of the Pennines.
I can see a patch of Blue sky coming over from the west JB, looks like it's coming here......
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Pouring down in Wharfedale

Nice to see this thread again thank you OGF

I was away overnight on Thursday, went to see Elkie Brooks in York. I would love to say she was good but actually she didn't show up, we were told she had a chest infection but that's the second time apparently, she didn't show up in January either. Won't be booking to see her again

All was not lost though we ended up sat in a bar by the river drinking cocktails every cloud has a silver lining
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Pouring down in Wharfedale

Nice to see this thread again thank you OGF

I was away overnight on Thursday, went to see Elkie Brooks in York. I would love to say she was good but actually she didn't show up, we were told she had a chest infection but that's the second time apparently, she didn't show up in January either. Won't be booking to see her again

All was not lost though we ended up sat in a bar by the river drinking cocktails every cloud has a silver lining
My pleasure Summer...
Sorry to hear Elkie was a no show, good singer but getting on a bit now and is struggling to keep up the pace......I know how she feels....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I can see a patch of Blue sky coming over from the west JB, looks like it's coming here......
Well don't you send us your rain in return!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:39 AM

My pleasure Summer...
Sorry to hear Elkie was a no show, good singer but getting on a bit now and is struggling to keep up the pace......I know how she feels....

Ha! Welcome to my world mister, actually we ended up having a great time so it wasn't a disaster I've see Elkie live twice before OGF and she was brilliant both times, but maybe it's time she called it a day rather than letting people down.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2017, 12:06 PM

Fantastic walk along Hornsea beach yesterday with Mrs Fox....She did well completing the ten mile walk with no problems. Don't you just love this beach, handy for a spot of nude bathing. Sea temperature was a heady 16 degrees C.........

Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
As long as you didn't have to go to that atmosphere-free temple of despair and loneliness they call Freeport, Val, Foxy.

I love Hornsea and I've no idea why. There's nothing much to do there, but Mrs. Floydysaurus and myself take a drive up there at least once a month for a stroll and maybe a fish cake. That little cafe on the front is great for a mug of tea and some teacakes as well!

Enjoy Sewerby park today too, my second home virtually as a kid when we had a caravan on the Charity Farm site. Happy days!

Nothing too special for me today, just a bit of shopping and out tonight to a 70th birthday party.
Though I did mention in the good morning thread yesterday that we to see Keep It Cash on Hull's pier last night. It went very well indeed but was rather chilly.
We had caravan holidays here too when we were kids. I never dreamt I would end up living here! We bought season tickets for Sewerby Park this year so visit often. The gardens are at their best at the moment.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 06:27 PM

Good garden centre that Val, although the one just outside Brid just beats them for food. Usually go there for Saturday lunch and then walk it off along the seafront.......
Going there tomorrow afternoon (Eastfield GC), just for coffee, we very rarely eat lunch out preferring coffee and a bit of a nibble in the afternoon! Presumably you eat in the Potting Shed Cafe Foxy, we sit in the front coffee bar. Love the place, we usually visit two or three times a week, their cakes are divine!

Page 29 of 72 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top