Join for free
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 12:52 AM

Junker: I Hope Post Brexit UK will rejoin

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has said he hopes that the UK will rejoin the European Union at some point in future.
Mr Juncker, the most senior official in Brussels, said he did not like Brexit because he wanted "to be in the same boat as the British".
"The day will come when the British will re-enter the boat, I hope," he said following an EU summit.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39230044
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 01:06 AM

Re: Junker: I Hope Post Brexit UK will rejoin

i'm sure it will happen at some point. The EU will reform because it will have to and we will rejoin because we will then be happier with the terms.

Of course we could have made more effort to renegotiate the current terms. We already had special status, we could have made it more special. We said no to the Euro and to Schengen and to closer integration. This was always my argument - we would waste lots of time and money leaving and in the meantime the EU would change anyway.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 05:16 PM

Re: Junker: I Hope Post Brexit UK will rejoin

It's called modernisation and development good for all countries. Especially for the younger generation. Unfortunately the UK is stuck in the old days of the Raj. It no longer exists.

Measurement of good economic growth and wise spending is look at the Health Service.

Blooming here and in other parts of Europe. Archaic in the UK or hospitals closing through lack of financial input.

Very sad to watch it disintegrate though

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top