Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:49 AM

Re: Do you complain more or less..

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Thatcher. That evil bitch left a legacy that tainted UK and the "society" she claimed didn't exist and left us with the uncaring, selfish, money grabbing, colonial mentality, ruthless attitudes and lack of integrity that paved the way for Brexit today.

I suppose those who agree with that way of thinking are bound to look back on the Thatcher years with nostalgia.
I couldn't stand the woman, but at least she sorted out the unions who were getting far too big for their nasty boots.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You were 18 in 1979 and were single for eleven of your adult years ......then you married in 1990......
No, I was 27 in 1979, and it's nothing to do with marriage!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:17 AM

Yes, if l have a valid complaint, l will make it. I am not frightened to, either!

These days, I probably complain less, as l have usually sorted things with my earlier complaints!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Thatcher. That evil bitch left a legacy that tainted UK and the "society" she claimed didn't exist and left us with the uncaring, selfish, money grabbing, colonial mentality, ruthless attitudes and lack of integrity that paved the way for Brexit today.

I suppose those who agree with that way of thinking are bound to look back on the Thatcher years with nostalgia.
She encouraged us to 'Buy British' and if we had continued to do that we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in today....Hurrah for Maggie.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
she encouraged us to 'buy british' and if we had continued to do that we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in today....hurrah for maggie.....:-d
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
She encouraged us to 'Buy British' and if we had continued to do that we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in today....Hurrah for Maggie.....
Exactly. Buy British, xenopobhic "Little Britain" small minded mentality.

I buy whatever is best value and I enjoy.

Since the Brexit referendum I've avoided products from people and companies like Dyson and Wetherspoons http://www.eumemes.eu/brexit-boycott-lists.htmland if we do leave the EU will look to buy european products over British, American and elsewhere, to feel still European and not part of "Little Brexitland"

Stuff Maggie
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I couldn't stand the woman, but at least she sorted out the unions who were getting far too big for their nasty boots.
And now we have zero hour contracts, slave labour conditions with no Union protection at Amazon, JD Sports et al, public service pay restrictions while MPs and pensioners get generous rises and even less protection for workers soon, if Brexit removes protection by EU regulations.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:52 AM

I'm complaining about this thread being used for political views..take 'em to the proper threads..puleeze

No I'm not much of a complainer these days,quite a contented happy bunny now.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:55 AM

If there's one thing I cant stand its grizzling moaning old farts.

Which is why everyday you can hear me cry
" WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE??!!"
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, I was 27 in 1979, and it's nothing to do with marriage!
You joined the Priesthood in 1979 and were booted out in 1990 for being a naughty Boy

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top