Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:32 PM

Re: Over Fifty years ago I was.....

Originally Posted by Val J ->
A few weeks ago we did a car boot sale. Hubby has a watch collection all in boxes and was selling some. A young fella picked up one of the boxed watches, asked OH a few questions and then said to me ‘Sorry about this’ and ran off with it. I was too stunned to do anything about it!
Makes you mad Val doesn't it. I hate it when people get away with stuff.
In particular, I m in contempt of folks who buy items in the pub, obviously stolen & thereby encouraging further offences.
As in your case shoplifting (THEFT )is not a victimless crime
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:33 PM

Oh, I absolutely loved that Young Robert, it has made me laugh, when really I am sad today, because of my loss today. So thank-you personally for cheering me up. x

I did a little bar work, years and years ago. I used to have a cup of coffee behind the bar, but, and shhh, I used to put a few tots of brandy in it.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Sometimes the rogues are the most interesting characters. I bet he could tell a good tale.
No doubt about it Val, he had a group of blokes in tow, listening to him in the pub.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 09:04 PM

Scoundrels are scoundrels, the worst ones legitimise themselves and are usually "Winkers".
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 09:34 PM

Another two nuggets from your mine of golden memories RJ, you have a special way of telling a tale, long may you have it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:04 PM

I think you should have written a book of all your tales Robert, I'm sure it would have been a good seller
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh, I absolutely loved that Young Robert, it has made me laugh, when really I am sad today, because of my loss today. So thank-you personally for cheering me up. x

I did a little bar work, years and years ago. I used to have a cup of coffee behind the bar, but, and shhh, I used to put a few tots of brandy in it.
Oh no Sweetie, hope you are ok? x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:53 PM

Oh no Sweetie, hope you are ok? x
It was expecting. I'm fine thanks Val. X
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 09:22 AM

Thank you master Junior, I enjoyed that. I often wonder if anyone is interested by anything I have to offer, and over the years I have found it to be so.
Everyone has tales to tell, and someone, somewhere will be interested to hear it.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Makes you mad Val doesn't it. I hate it when people get away with stuff.
In particular, I m in contempt of folks who buy items in the pub, obviously stolen & thereby encouraging further offences.
As in your case shoplifting (THEFT )is not a victimless crime
We put it down to experience RJ, but it was the apology that stunned me lol!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top