Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 06:12 PM

Norway !!!!!!

What a beautiful country from the small part we saw. Everywhere so clean no rubbish beside the roads like over here.
There is a really heavy fine if you don't use a seatbelt on the coaches or cars,way above what we would get fined.

So is it what I expected? yes and much more as well. All the Norwegians speak excellent English so no problem there but OH how expensive things are. bottle of coke £7, needless to say we took most things to eat and drink on board ship. We only had on day of rain so I stopped on board, my legs ached so much from the first 4 mile walk to a lighthouse. This was claimed to be over even ground, they forgot to mention the hills.
Already posted some photos in the forum to give some idea of the country.

Would i recommend it as a place to visit? definately the scenery is unbelievable. The tiny hamlets along the Fjords are squeezed into any level spaces some of only a couple of houses and the ferry boats are what appears to be the only way to go, but they do take cars as well.
to get to that glacier is one hell of a long walk and you need to be super fit, however they do have "Troll" cars

Which take you a long way but not right up to the glacier.

The whole place is a photographers heaven. From Fjords to mountain tops above the cloud level, and you sure do need a lot of memory cards for a camera. 200 photos a day at least is easily possible.

Would I go back? certainly but on another part of Norway.

Next trip is Japan so looking forward to that now
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 06:15 PM

Re: Norway !!!!!!

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What a beautiful country from the small part we saw. Everywhere so clean no rubbish beside the roads like over here.
There is a really heavy fine if you don't use a seatbelt on the coaches or cars,way above what we would get fined.

So is it what I expected? yes and much more as well. All the Norwegians speak excellent English so no problem there but OH how expensive things are. bottle of coke £7, needless to say we took most things to eat and drink on board ship. We only had on day of rain so I stopped on board, my legs ached so much from the first 4 mile walk to a lighthouse. This was claimed to be over even ground, they forgot to mention the hills.
Already posted some photos in the forum to give some idea of the country.

Would i recommend it as a place to visit? definately the scenery is unbelievable. The tiny hamlets along the Fjords are squeezed into any level spaces some of only a couple of houses and the ferry boats are what appears to be the only way to go, but they do take cars as well.
to get to that glacier is one hell of a long walk and you need to be super fit, however they do have "Troll" cars

Which take you a long way but not right up to the glacier.

The whole place is a photographers heaven. From Fjords to mountain tops above the cloud level, and you sure do need a lot of memory cards for a camera. 200 photos a day at least is easily possible.

Would I go back? certainly but on another part of Norway.

Next trip is Japan so looking forward to that now
I've wanted to go to Norway to see the Fjords for a long time, one day I hope to do a trip there. I'm enjoying your photos Real,

Japan has never appealed to me but I think I'm in the minority.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:04 PM

Looks spectacular. I really enjoy it when you share your travel photos (the ones of Egypt are particularly memorable).

I have never understood the litter problem in many places. My nieces who are far better traveled than I, say that there are places (Rome being one of them) that they would never revisit because the litter problem is so ubiquitous that the ambience is utterly lost.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:20 PM

Lovely scenery RS....
Pewter Commuter
New Member!
New York City Metro, US
Pewter Commuter is male 

20-08-2018, 10:45 PM

I have a trip this Winter to the UK and France, and I'm hoping to get to Norway next Summer. I was thinking of Bergen as a base.

Thanks for the amazing photos! Makes me want to go even more!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 01:17 AM

can't say about bergen a our trip didn't go there. What I would say is the scenery blew me away

I could easily spend months there and still be in awe of it all
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

21-08-2018, 01:45 AM

Surfermom

Did you see the ones of China I posted some time ago?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 02:11 AM

Gorgeous photos.
Glad you had a good time.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:43 PM

Yep truly stunning scenery no question, but sadly, very much repetition everywhere. Waterfall after waterfall, mountains and fjords.

Glorious to see it first time but not really likely to go back.

Also as you say everything is crazy expensive so the usual pleasure one gets from buying local goods and sampling the local food is very tainted to the point where, on a cruise, you are far more inclined to go back to the ship. It's a real shame because I would have loved to buy quite a few things but it's super crazy prices. A Norwegian knitted jumper for example was £100s of pounds !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top