Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:27 AM

Birthday card

80th Birthday card for a friend who loves birds - there are 7 bird photos each with a little poem.

Card Front

Pages inside

Kingfisher - her favourite bird.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:30 AM

Re: Birthday card

I really love your cards Tabby.
That is really beautiful.
You clever girl.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:40 AM

That's such a beautiful card ST, it must be a real pleasure to receive a card like that ..... nothing can touch it in the shops

Out of interest, how long does it take you to think up the designs for your cards, they all appear to be so different in style.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 02:29 PM

They are beautiful ST, you are really talented.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 03:15 PM

Silver, I have never seen a more beautiful card. It took my breath away. If I ever got a card like that I would keep it forever......

Blue x
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 03:23 PM

I am sure your friend will treasure that card forever. The care and skill you put into it is amazing. You are always so conscientious in the precision. Beautifully done!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 05:46 PM

oh my word ST, this is just beautiful, do you sell these cards?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I really love your cards Tabby.
That is really beautiful.
You clever girl.
Thanks, Sweetie.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's such a beautiful card ST, it must be a real pleasure to receive a card like that ..... nothing can touch it in the shops

Out of interest, how long does it take you to think up the designs for your cards, they all appear to be so different in style.
Difficult to say, Mags, this one began as just one picture - the Kingfisher - then came the idea of make it into a sort of book - then the logistics of putting it all together. Finding the images was easy enough - finding the poems took a while longer!. All together it took me about a week to complete this one. I am so glad that you liked it.

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
They are beautiful ST, you are really talented.
Thanks, Susie, they are a labour of love - and fun!

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Silver, I have never seen a more beautiful card. It took my breath away. If I ever got a card like that I would keep it forever......

Blue x
Thank you, Blue!

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am sure your friend will treasure that card forever. The care and skill you put into it is amazing. You are always so conscientious in the precision. Beautifully done!
Thank you - it is something I love to do - and always try to match the card to the recipient.

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh my word ST, this is just beautiful, do you sell these cards?
Thanks, LQ, I do not sell my cards as a business - mainly I just make for family and friends. Occasionally I am asked to make something special for someone - and then I do charge a fee to cover the cost of materials and/or postage. A 'forum' friend in Ipswich has commissioned quite a few over the years.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top