Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

27-07-2018, 07:38 PM

Re: Manure.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Mups, i shall have a read of that. Tbh, I have no idea what it's from, I am assuming it's horse manure.
We used to get copious amounts of cow muck and layered it in the compost heaps, kept it over winter then in the Spring dig it into the earth. Used to have heavy clay soil and this really improved it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You don't need much garden LD dig a deep hole

Not sure about watering, it should break down anyway
It always takes a woman to think logically.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:00 PM

My Dad many years ago used to drop a sack of manure into a rainwater barrel and water his tomatoes with it the next year....and his tomatoes smelled and tasted like tomatoes used to....not this tastless crap you get in the shops now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
My Dad many years ago used to drop a sack of manure into a rainwater barrel and water his tomatoes with it the next year....and his tomatoes smelled and tasted like tomatoes used to....not this tastless crap you get in the shops now.
Never heard that before Pooh. Makes sense I suppose, just a liquid feed.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top