Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 07:43 AM

Re: Parking Ticket

I didn't know that lion Q , it would have upset me too . I'd better remember that
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 08:17 AM

As someone who needs to use a dropped kerb can i just say criminals like you should be shot, hanged, have their noggin chopped off then taken away for torture.

PS and fined £1000
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 08:19 AM

What a bummer LQ....I would have been so mad! A close your eyes and count to ten situation. I wonder is it true traffic wardens have targets to meet? Someone told me that once.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 08:53 AM

I'm sure a lot of people aren't aware of how needed dropped kerbs are for people with mobility difficulties. Maybe short public information films in between TV programmes would be good for such things.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 09:28 AM

OK get this one.

At my allotment there are parking restrictions between 8.30 and 9.30 because it near a train station.

And there is a sign saying so.

But between that sign and my alllotment just 20 ft away is a another sign saying say 8.30 to 6.30.

After that sign just 10 ft away there are double yellow lines.

I got a ticket for parking in a space that takes just one car.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:29 PM

So today I came out of work and someone else was parked in the exact same spot as I had parked yesterday, difference being, they didn't get a ticket. The warden mustn't have patrolled there today, just my luck he did yesterday
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You have to be born fatherless for that.
They call them Civil Enforcement Officers round here but they will always be B******s IMO.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I'm sure a lot of people aren't aware of how needed dropped kerbs are for people with mobility difficulties. Maybe short public information films in between TV programmes would be good for such things.
To be honest, I had no idea you couldn't park opposite one.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 05:04 PM

I don't think parking opposite is a problem, apart from if there's a dropped kerb on one side of the road, there's most often a dropped kerb on the other, so allowing wheelchairs etc to cross.

If you were to park opposite a dropped kerb, that might place your car next to the one on other side of the road, so blocking it. It is a little difficult to explain all situations unless having needed to use dropped kerbs. The main thing though, is not to park next to one so that it blocks it from being used.

Another danger is that if parked across a dropped kerb and a wheelchair comes onto the road from the dropped kerb on the other side, they not may realise their exit is blocked by a car until they are out in the road.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-08-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I don't think parking opposite is a problem, apart from if there's a dropped kerb on one side of the road, there's most often a dropped kerb on the other, so allowing wheelchairs etc to cross.

If you were to park opposite a dropped kerb, that might place your car next to the one on other side of the road, so blocking it. It is a little difficult to explain all situations unless having needed to use dropped kerbs. The main thing though, is not to park next to one so that it blocks it from being used.

Another danger is that if parked across a dropped kerb and a wheelchair comes onto the road from the dropped kerb on the other side, they not may realise their exit is blocked by a car until they are out in the road.
Yes, I can see the reasoning there and wouldn't park across one or blocking one.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top