Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Re: Cubas hidden savannah - how disgusting!

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I like the way the trains are run down but keep chugging - tracks are broken but get fixed and they never run on time - my idea of paradise! and cuba of course - cuban ladies to suck on!
Gummy you must explain that you are talking cigars here.
I have never been to Cuba.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Hello SP never heard of Cuban cigars ?
Havanas even?
Rolled on the thighs of young virgins etc ?
Not doing too well in this smoking conscious age .
I have been to Cuba it's a lovely place food is awful people lovely .
Any minute now when Rauol Castro kicks the bucket it will revert to capitalism and become a property developers dream .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hello SP never heard of Cuban cigars ?
Havanas even?
Rolled on the thighs of young virgins etc ?
Not doing too well in this smoking conscious age .
I have been to Cuba it's a lovely place food is awful people lovely .
Any minute now when Rauol Castro kicks the bucket it will revert to capitalism and become a property developers dream .
Cuban cigars are quite famous Muddy. But I understand if you don't smoke them, then why would you know about them.
I just know, maybe my late Father
The point of this thread originally was to alert us to what they do eat in Cuba. But Gummy does love leading us all in different directions. Having said that, I am also bad for doing that.
Tell us about your time there Muddy, please. Just leave out the politics please.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 05:50 PM

Sorry SP I meant had YOU never heard of Cuban cigars !

Can't really leave politics out as we wanted to see Cuba while Fidel Castro was still alive and we did .
We stayed in Havana which is full of fantastic old buildings mansions that are falling apart and are divided into apartments for the people.
Food is scarce and awful as all their best stuff tended to be exported .
The people are warm and friendly I speak Spanish so had no trouble in communicating although most are highly educated ( Castro saw to that ) and many speak English .
The hotels are pretty basic .
Cubans have some sort of ration system for food .
We went to the former Preseidential palace ( now a museum to the Revolution) to the famous Tropicana club where the dancing is spectacular and to the pub where Ernest Hemingway used to hang out .
There are wonderful old American cars everywhere beautifully preserved .
It's a great place to visit .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-08-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sorry SP I meant had YOU never heard of Cuban cigars !

Can't really leave politics out as we wanted to see Cuba while Fidel Castro was still alive and we did .
We stayed in Havana which is full of fantastic old buildings mansions that are falling apart and are divided into apartments for the people.
Food is scarce and awful as all their best stuff tended to be exported .
The people are warm and friendly I speak Spanish so had no trouble in communicating although most are highly educated ( Castro saw to that ) and many speak English .
The hotels are pretty basic .
Cubans have some sort of ration system for food .
We went to the former Preseidential palace ( now a museum to the Revolution) to the famous Tropicana club where the dancing is spectacular and to the pub where Ernest Hemingway used to hang out .
There are wonderful old American cars everywhere beautifully preserved .
It's a great place to visit .
Firstly Muddy yes, I was trying to cover Gummy's backside, before it got misinterpreted. My late Father lived in Denmark, I just love anything historic, so unlike most women, who love to shop, I search out museums. There is one in Aalborg, it showed how the young children were used to make the cigars to be exported.

What a lovely and informative post. I really should raise my old thread about places we have visited or lived. As your post would have a worthy place on that. Especially as I would love to hear more.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:54 PM

yep sweetie you do that "places we have visited and stayed in" or something of that ilk! - people are so bored here usually they'll go to any thread!! no you're not boring Sp and your threads are never boring - just sayin - innit?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top