Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 08:51 PM

My Coco Growling

In 15 years I have never heard my Cat growl before, but tonight I took her in the garden and we were sitting on the step and another Cat came into the garden, very sweet small Cat, but Coco didn't like that, its her Garden and nobody is allowed in it, she went berserk when she saw this Cat, she growled at him, spat, hissed and the poor little Cat only wanted to play, at the end I had to take Coco back indoors.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 08:59 PM

Re: My Coco Growling

glad you took Coco back in before it became a catfight. Very territorial.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 09:02 PM

I don't have a cat but two had a stand-off with claws at dawn in my garden once. Talk about 'the glare' ... and the sideways cat slide to get away without losing eye contact.

Worse than watching Clint Eastwood in a gun draw in a Western.

Susie .. I bet that cute little cat will do a detour around your garden now.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:30 AM

Coco was very unsettled last night, she had me out of bed and downstairs 5 times in the night disturbing my sleep, she is sleeping now.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:38 AM

Cats are very territorial by nature. They will stand their ground. Another cat coming into your cats garden is enough to put the claws out. It’s good that they didn’t fight. That’s where the term ‘cat fight’ came from. Vicious things at times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 08:54 AM

The cat's growl is a very disturbing sound. Funnily enough there were two cats duelling two nights ago at 2.30am. The growling went on for about half an hour, then there was a quick skirmish and it was all over. Interesting to watch when they do that sort of slow motion walk.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

23-08-2018, 12:27 PM

Its just strange, because Coco is a Housecat and only goes out into the garden on a Harness and Lead, and being that Coco is such a gentle cat, I would say, that if there was a fight she would come off worst, because I don't think she knows how to fight another cat, so her growling and spitting shocked me.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 12:55 PM

Susie Coco was just protecting her own territory and most cats would do that. Don't forget that Coco doesn't often see other cats, so would have felt threatened by the other little cat... so growled to let it know it was her territory.

A lovely cat comes on my garden, when my own cats are out there, but he us more aggressive than mine so wants to start a fight. The best way to deal with it is to keep a water pistol to hand and give a gentle squirt if another cat approaches Coco...that way none of them get hurt!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Its just strange, because Coco is a Housecat and only goes out into the garden on a Harness and Lead, and being that Coco is such a gentle cat, I would say, that if there was a fight she would come off worst, because I don't think she knows how to fight another cat, so her growling and spitting shocked me.
Once, we were watching a ghost story on TV with all the lights off. It just got to a really tense, scary bit when our cat spotted another cat in the garden and screamed like a banshee.

Frightened the life out of us both.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Also meant to say that our two cats now, often growl at each other.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top