Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 04:11 PM

'Techo' cat strikes again!

Been out to lunch with friends - did some shopping - invited them back for coffee and to meet Molly (Westie).

Walking into my sitting-room was just like walking into a sauna. That evil moggy (Nemo) had switched the central heating on! It would certainly not have come on by itself as - although it is overcast here - it is quite warm!! Have had to open every window and switch all the fans on!

He just cannot resist pressing buttons and/or switches. Many times I have come home from a night out and found the house lit up like a Christmas tree because he puts the lights on in every room. I have to unplug the die cutting machines and the computer when I leave the craft room. Now, it seems, I am going to have to 'cat proof' the CH over-ride!

I really will have to superglue his paws to the ceiling - or strangle him with his own tail - or hang him up in cupboard by his whiskers!!

Anyone want a cat?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 04:46 PM

Re: 'Techo' cat strikes again!

I looked at your cat album, Silver Tabby, but you hadn't named them. Which one is Nemo? He sure is one smart cat.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 05:15 PM

One must remember, you don't own cats - they merely have staff. Cat obviously was getting a bit chilly, and in the absence of a member of his staff to deal with this for him, chose to switch on the c/h himself. Cats are obviously very smart!!!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 06:17 PM

Clever cat ST.

Our last Cat Billy a Tabby wild cat, he was a right character, I used to be in full time work then, but I would come home at lunchtime and let him out for the afternoon, but when he was indoors he used to always set off the Burglar Alarms by opening all the doors inside the House, he had the roam of three rooms while we was at work, but no he wanted every room, and we had different handles on each door, but he soon found out how to open them, one was a push down lever, another one was a twist etc. and everytime that alarm went off the Police would come down as we had the House Alarms monitored by the Police, at the end the Police banned us from having the Alarm monitored and we ended up putting bolts at the top of each door in the House.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 06:27 PM

Tabby, there is no way you can stay cross with him.....and he knows that!

I think you are secretly very proud to have such a clever cat ...... but he can come and stay with me for a couple of days when the heating bill arrives.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I looked at your cat album, Silver Tabby, but you hadn't named them. Which one is Nemo? He sure is one smart cat.
Nemo is the long tailed Tabby Twit.

The silver grey and white - almost normal cat - is Willow
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Tabby, there is no way you can stay cross with him.....and he knows that!

I think you are secretly very proud to have such a clever cat ...... but he can come and stay with me for a couple of days when the heating bill arrives.

I just fetch a box and some postage stamps, Twink!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-09-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Clever cat ST.

Our last Cat Billy a Tabby wild cat, he was a right character, I used to be in full time work then, but I would come home at lunchtime and let him out for the afternoon, but when he was indoors he used to always set off the Burglar Alarms by opening all the doors inside the House, he had the roam of three rooms while we was at work, but no he wanted every room, and we had different handles on each door, but he soon found out how to open them, one was a push down lever, another one was a twist etc. and everytime that alarm went off the Police would come down as we had the House Alarms monitored by the Police, at the end the Police banned us from having the Alarm monitored and we ended up putting bolts at the top of each door in the House.
LOL!!! Nemo does that as well - no door or drawer is safe from his attentions. I have owned some quirky cats in my time - but never met one like this one before.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:59 PM

You should teach him how to make tea.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
One must remember, you don't own cats - they merely have staff. Cat obviously was getting a bit chilly, and in the absence of a member of his staff to deal with this for him, chose to switch on the c/h himself. Cats are obviously very smart!!!
I do agree with you sometimes UJ. As painful as it is......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top