Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 08:48 AM

Re: A thank you to Nom!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Just a note for anyone who may be interested. Percy Pigeon, the baby, Came back to visit this morning, around 6.30. He was all alone so I rushed out with the bird food, in case he was hungry.
He is looking good!
It’s good to know the little chap is doing well and fending for himself, Twink...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 08:51 AM

Good news Twink, the more he flies the safer he will become, its a good time of year for foraging with crops being harvested plenty stubble in the fields.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It’s good to know the little chap is doing well and fending for himself, Twink...
Thanks Mags, I am astounded by how much this baby pigeon's survival has captured my attention. Maybe it is because I watched his parents work so hard to look after him
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Good news Twink, the more he flies the safer he will become, its a good time of year for foraging with crops being harvested plenty stubble in the fields.
Thanks Nom. I hope they don't have their babies here in future! Percy must be the only pigeon who has a pigeon mum and dad and a human Nanny who looked after him when they weren't there..... and it wasn't easy!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 10:04 AM

Nice to see a happy outcome Twink...and are all here for you when the 'Empty Nest Syndrome' sets in...any day now .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

12-05-2020, 01:33 PM

For those who read this thread I wanted to share some happy news with you..

Percy Pigeon, the baby bird in this story, was easy to recognize as the white marks that pigeons usually have either side of their neck ,was not the normal shape on Percy's right side.

At lunch time I saw a pigeon, in the Acer tree where he was born, with an identically deformed white patch on the right hand side of his neck.
I am convinced that it was Percy and wonder if he will be nesting in the same place soon!

I wonder if out late friend Nom has sent him to say hello!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2020, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
For those who read this thread I wanted to share some happy news with you..

Percy Pigeon, the baby bird in this story, was easy to recognize as the white marks that pigeons usually have either side of their neck ,was not the normal shape on Percy's right side.

At lunch time I saw a pigeon, in the Acer tree where he was born, with an identically deformed white patch on the right hand side of his neck.
I am convinced that it was Percy and wonder if he will be nesting in the same place soon!

I wonder if out late friend Nom has sent him to say hello!
How lovely seeing Percy Pigeon again Twink ..... I'm pleased it brought back memories of Nom for you...

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top