Join for free
Page 26 of 56 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:42 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I will be getting my flu shot in October sometime. I get it every year.
Sorry to hear this Wild Blueberry. I hope you don't suffer any of the various adverse effects needlessly. It really is worth doing your research on the flu vaccine.

I get the shingles vaccine every 10 years
And again, sorry to hear this. Your risk of getting Shingles is absolutely minute. I mean ridiculously so.

Only 50,000 people a year contract the Shingles virus and there are 65 million people in the UK. So your chance of getting Shingles is 0.076%.

You should also be aware that the vaccine only lasts about 5 years so if you're having it every 10 years you're leaving yourself unprotected for 5 years.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:45 PM

I had the shingles twice....and I have had the flu 3 times, even tho I had always had a flu shot.

I guess I really should do a little more research and find out more, rather than just accepting anything my doctor says. He is probably getting paid per shot, haha

Edited: As a matter of fact, he always tells me to get the shot from him, nowhere else...
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:58 PM

I had the shingles twice....and I have had the flu 3 times, even tho I had always had a flu shot.
Evidence enough to highlight the uselessness of the flu vaccine and definite reason to do your research on it. I strongly advise you to read through the various flu related threads on this site (a simple search will bring them up).

I guess I really should do a little more research and find out more, rather than just accepting anything my doctor says. He is probably getting paid per shot, haha
Actually it's not the least bit funny. GPs/surgeries ARE getting a tidy sum for every flu shot administered. It is a MAJOR source of income for them each year. The NHS incentivises its staff to push the flu jab too. When local chemists were allowed to administer flu jabs the GPs/surgeries went mad and complained bitterly about it.

The research, if you follow the links in the various threads, will show you that the flu vaccine is utterly useless and pushed onto an ignorant public using deliberate scare tactics.
There is no reason whatsoever to have a flu vaccine, it WILL NOT protect you from getting the flu but it will come with the risk of some serious side effects and when you do get the flu you will be spreading it around to other people 6 times more than unvaccinated people, so you may be putting vulnerable people at risk.

If you want just the research rather than the wider debate with vaccine apologists here then page through this thread and look at my posts in it. There you will find the links to the info you need to be aware of. GL.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Well I had the jab at 16:40 tonight, only adverse effects so far is hairy palms and I have developed a pair of breasts the nurse did say it stung more this year but I did not notice any difference, pretty painless just a small prick, walked 4 mile home afterwards as well no problem
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Well I had the jab at 16:40 tonight, only adverse effects so far is hairy palms and I have developed a pair of breasts the nurse did say it stung more this year but I did not notice any difference, pretty painless just a small prick, walked 4 mile home afterwards as well no problem

Look out for the full moon, your condition could get worse.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Look out for the full moon, your condition could get worse.
Doh forgot to mention the howling at the Moon
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
@ DWEbb .
I had a very bruised arm the next day helped by an ice pack.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 06:43 PM

Roll on Saturday, I'm looking forward to finding out what my surprise will be!
DWebb
North East, UK

26-09-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
@ DWEbb .
I had a very bruised arm the next day helped by an ice pack.
It is honestly painless at the moment but I have a feeling pain might be to come

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Roll on Saturday, I'm looking forward to finding out what my surprise will be!
You never do know
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Oh dear! Please don't give Realist any more ammunition. He's a big enough pain every year without even trying. (Sits back and waits for response)

Page 26 of 56 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top