Join for free
Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 06:36 PM

Re: The Me Too Movement and Me...and Possibly You

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Totally agree. If allegations are proven to be false, the accuser should get the same sentence as would have been dealt to the accused.
judge longdogs has spoken!! but he's a bit covered up at the moment!

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Straight men will rape. Gay men will rape. Even priests will rape.
Not sure why, but for some reason your phrasing reminded me of the tune to "Let's do it" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFI5Jl_IqsE).

Perhaps you could write new lyrics.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not sure why, but for some reason your phrasing reminded me of the tune to "Let's do it" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFI5Jl_IqsE).

Perhaps you could write new lyrics.
Write some new lyrics for gumrot while you're at it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 04:27 AM

“Me Too must become We Too,” Ardern said. “We are all in this together”.

three cheers for the PM of NZ

a fresh breeze from NZ!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well it would make up for Henry VIII 's beheading of 'how many' women was it ?
Two!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:10 AM

Like Twink - I believe that rape should be reported immediately while there is still evidence - bruising, DNA, etc.,

I can understand cases of children being reluctant to speak out - but not an adult - and what is the use of reporting it 5, 10, or even 20 years later when there is no hope of proving it either way?

Look what happened when the truth came out about Jimmy Saville - people were crawling out of the woodwork by the hundreds - for one reason only - to claim compensation!

Rape is not all about sex - it is mainly about power! It is a heinous crime that demeans both the victim and the perpetrator, and it should carry a most severe sentence, in my opinion.

Both parties should remain anonymous until after the trial then - and only then - the guilty party should be named and shamed.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Like Twink - I believe that rape should be reported immediately while there is still evidence - bruising, DNA, etc.,

I can understand cases of children being reluctant to speak out - but not an adult - and what is the use of reporting it 5, 10, or even 20 years later when there is no hope of proving it either way?

Look what happened when the truth came out about Jimmy Saville - people were crawling out of the woodwork by the hundreds - for one reason only - to claim compensation!

Rape is not all about sex - it is mainly about power! It is a heinous crime that demeans both the victim and the perpetrator, and it should carry a most severe sentence, in my opinion.

Both parties should remain anonymous until after the trial then - and only then - the guilty party should be named and shamed.
Good post tabs...totally agree!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

I also agree, good post Tabby.
The rape of both men and women is also GBH and should be dealt with accordingly.
The only problem I can see is; Was the victim complicit, or partly complicit in the act...
By allowing the media to publish the story before the accused is found guilty, surely helps the prosecution and biases the jury....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I also agree, good post Tabby.
The rape of both men and women is also GBH and should be dealt with accordingly.
The only problem I can see is; Was the victim complicit, or partly complicit in the act...
By allowing the media to publish the story before the accused is found guilty, surely helps the prosecution and biases the jury....
I was listening to the Kavanaugh hearing and wondering why Christine Blasey Ford has waited 26 years to speak about Brett Kavanaugh's attack on her...... just when he has the chance of a big job!
I listened to both of them, and they both sounded like actors hoping to win an Oscar, so I don't know who is telling the truth but surely it is 26 years too late to expect justice?
Actions of domestic violence and sexual attack nearly always take place where there are no witnesses, so the best time to report it is immediately... when there may be physical evidence.
If I was on a jury I would find it very difficult to bring a guilty verdict against somebody, if the crime had not been reported for years. I would also question why they had suddenly decided to give evidence now, rather than when it happened.
If you want the person to be punished you should have reported it when there was evidence, not when they may have money to compensate, or to take revenge.....because it will be their families who will suffer!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I was listening to the Kavanaugh hearing and wondering why Christine Blasey Ford has waited 26 years to speak about Brett Kavanaugh's attack on her...... just when he has the chance of a big job!
I listened to both of them, and they both sounded like actors hoping to win an Oscar, so I don't know who is telling the truth but surely it is 26 years too late to expect justice?
Actions of domestic violence and sexual attack nearly always take place where there are no witnesses, so the best time to report it is immediately... when there may be physical evidence.
If I was on a jury I would find it very difficult to bring a guilty verdict against somebody, if the crime had not been reported for years. I would also question why they had suddenly decided to give evidence now, rather than when it happened.
If you want the person to be punished you should have reported it when there was evidence, not when they may have money to compensate, or to take revenge.....because it will be their families who will suffer!
..Spot on Twink....

Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top