Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 05:38 PM

Re: Broadchurch

My goodness Daisymay, you weren't in the CID in a previous life were you

You're like a female Sherlock Holmes

Looking forward to the next series of it
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Well done Alison, Mrs P thought the same and was also proved right....again....groan....

Daisymay' post was right as well, there were too many unanswered questions, and also enough red herrings to start a kipper factory...

All in all good viewing though I thought.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 05:51 PM

My mother always used to say that I was a 'nit-picker', in that whether it was a film, book, t.v. programme, my mind would pick up on all the little idiosyncrasies (think that is the word I want), sometimes they were actual mistakes (I have been known to contribute to 'movie mistakes.com)and sometimes subtle clues. It actually drives me nuts sometimes, as, for instance, if I am reading a book and a character mentions something which is slightly different to earlier references (eg. in one book a character was described as having red hair, then later she pushed a brown curl behind her ear), I have to go back and find the original reference.

It is when little things jar I have to ask myself why it happened? Is it part of the plot? if so how significant, thus when the husband rushed to grab the skate-board, fair enough, but coupled with the look of combined anger/disappointment/fear/guilt that crossed his face momentarily the question had to be asked, and the only logical reason he could have been so anxious to touch it, and then so shook up when she prevented him doing so, was because he wanted a reason for his d.n.a. being on it. See? simples.

(I think I have also figured out how Holmes faked his death, hopefully will not be too long before I know if I am correct).
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 04:38 PM

Anyone watching series3 of Broadchurch?

Started last night...A proper adult and sensitive portrayal of a rape victim and the handling of her trauma...I thought oh no not flipping rape AGAIN, when I saw the blurb, but this is different, not like any other I've seen and it makes for compelling viewing.

David Tennant and Olivia Coleman are SO good together!
Some other really good people in the cast too... I'm hooked!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 04:42 PM

Yes .Me too,as You say great acting and it took Me a while to recognise the rape victim as the late Haley from Coronation st.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:02 PM

Yes i watched it last night Ruth,didnt watch the last series but will give this a go .Acting was good .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:15 PM

Very good great acting all round IMO
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 05:49 PM

Just downloaded season 2 which I never knew exsisted until I looked it up. I thought they did the first series and then did a copy of that for the US. I never knew they actually did season 2 for the UK.
Gonna play catch up now, glad to see Tennant again I miss his face on the box.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yes .Me too,as You say great acting and it took Me a while to recognise the rape victim as the late Haley from Coronation st.

Yes, Hayley Cropper looking very different wasn't she May.
It was very good I thought.
I understand this is the last ever series.
Don't know how many weeks it's on for, do you?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, Hayley Cropper looking very different wasn't she May.
It was very good I thought.
I understand this is the last ever series.
Don't know how many weeks it's on for, do you?
Sorry Mups,can't find any info' about how many weeks series 3 will run for,maybe someone else will know?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top