Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 02:37 AM

Re: Books - the most recent you have read

Bruce ... I reached the first 'naughty' bit this evening but my goodness it's all so incredibly dreary and kind of depressing.
Had some bad dreams the other night night after reading a few pages in bed.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Bruce ... I reached the first 'naughty' bit this evening but my goodness it's all so incredibly dreary and kind of depressing.
Had some bad dreams the other night night after reading a few pages in bed.
I am not going to bother. BTW You'll enjoy the The Story of O so much more (my first wife's favourite book). It's by Pauline Reage a pen name for more well known female author who's name escapes me but well written too.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am not going to bother. BTW You'll enjoy the The Story of O so much more (my first wife's favourite book). It's by Pauline Reage a pen name for more well known female author who's name escapes me but well written too.
Think I may have seen The Story of O on TV (film).
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Think I may have seen The Story of O on TV (film).
Possibly, there was a not very good film made of it but the book is much better.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

24-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Finally finished Ruth Park's Harp of the South trilogy. Well worth reading, the poverty and hopelessness of their flawed lives is beautifully portrayed. The death in the final novel of one of the characters is sudden and breathtakingly sad, it's consequences so tragic. A tale full of flawed characters, poverty and grime redeemed by being told with humour and empathy.

As I say well worth reading.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 12:11 PM

"The devil rides out" by Dennis Wheatley and others similar by him
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
"The devil rides out" by Dennis Wheatley and others similar by him
Oooooo ... read that in my early and enjoyed it. My friend and I then started reading up on witch craft etc and trying to make spells lol ...
digital granma
Co. Durham, England
digital granma is female  digital granma has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 12:18 PM

I love Icelandic and Scandinavian books, translated of course. I've just finished Strange Shores by Arnaldur Indridason. Wonderful, really enjoyed it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2015, 12:51 PM

I remember the film The Devil Rides Out. Scary!!!!

Just finished reading Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella. Brilliant.

Usually with all the disturbance from upstairs I can't really relax with a book, but I made the effort with this one.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-03-2015, 01:49 PM

Plodding on with the ooooo soooo boring 50 shades ...

Couldn't give a stuff about any of the characters

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top