Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 11:39 AM

Re: Books - the most recent you have read

Just finished (for the second time) Peter Ackroyd's - London - The Biography. Almost 1000 pages about our capital city from prehistoric times to recent years. I had to read it twice because there is so much in it that you miss things first time round. It has really changed the way I feel about my home city and it has made walking its streets so much more interesting.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 05:23 PM

Just finished Second Life by S J Watson whose first highly successful book was Before I Go To Sleep.
Didn't enjoy it much really, dangers of the internet chat rooms came through loud and clear, people chatting online who turn out to be not what they seem!!
But it was too far fetched and ott for me, no doubt there will be a film....
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 05:50 PM

At the moment I'm reading Olly Murs Happy Days. I really like him.
He tells how he after four times managed to get on The X Factor and all about boot camp etc and all about his gigs afterwards.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
What about getting a Kindle? Unlimited books on tap then and they are normally much less to buy.
I have Kindle Fire and love it but it's hopeless taking it on hols in the sun. You can't see a thing on the screen when the sun shines on it.
Is the ordinary Kindle the same?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
re 50 shades of a neutral colour ...

Gawd ... lol

I had a look through to see if I could spot ANYTHING non-sexual and I've a feeling I may give up.

I always pride myself on my staying power but this is SO INCREDIBLY BORING !
and I don't give a stuff about any of the cast.

Hmmmm .. maybe I could get it as a talking book or whatever they're called than at least I could get on with something useful whilst the reader witters on, instead of wasting my time ...
Yes I gave up
Watched the film instead ... fairly uninteresting but at least It didn't require any effort on my part.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top