Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 05:56 AM

Re: War & peace.

Meg! What a fabulous crib!

Just the thing for a sleepless cough cough coughing night!
Wonderful descriptions of the characters and interesting interviews, watch out for spoilers though if you don't know the story!

Only one thing would've been slightly better and that's if they'd laid it out in family groups. I think I've read every word now and have worked out which sisters and brothers go together!

But it really is a fabulous link to a fabulous story, the BBC have my congratulations.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 09:41 AM

Simply gorgeous The authentic scenery and costumes were wonderfull.
the acting very well done, and the beautiful voices of the males singing in Russia.... I though I was actually there in Russia
How opulent were the Russain Aristocricyin that era!

Shame we were taugh as children, that the Russians were peasants and women had to sweep the Strrerts and walk behing their menfolk
when in fact they have always been a Nation of Culture and in their Museums they have the most beautuful Objet d'art and original paintings in the World.

Looking forward to next Sunday's performance
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 10:41 AM

I watched it last night but couldn't really get into it. It sent Tony to sleep.
It was a very lavish production, no doubt about it - but the plot was a bit stupid I thought...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Been watching it, can't seem to follow it, can't warm to the characters, the main guy looks about 12. It reminds me of Les Miserables for some reason.
Strange you should say that, TessA, I thought the same thing, though I didn't dislike the production & I will watch the next episode. It seemed to get nowhere fast, but it was a long book.
I also loved the horses, specially that lovely Palomino.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 12:03 AM

Ooooooooooooooooooooo!! A duel!!!!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 06:58 AM

I thought I would get lost in it all but I havent and theres just enough sexy scandal to keep OH interested.

A good production all round....
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 08:31 AM

I have only watched the first episode so far, but thought it was great and will definitely be carrying on. I loved Paul Dano as Pierre - what an interesting character! And James Norton, Jim Broadbent, Gillian Anderson, Lily James (from Downton), Stephen Rea as the conniving Prince Vassily.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 09:16 AM

I did watch the first two and will probably go on watching but so far not one of my favourites. (But then neither is the book.)
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:14 AM

Could someone please tell me if the girl that had the baby died?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Could someone please tell me if the girl that had the baby died?
Yes Aysa she died...

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top