Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 07:56 PM

Re: Recent events update

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The people who need to know already do, so why don't we just get on with enjoying the forum, that we were so afraid of losing, and were fighting hard to keep?
Well I don't know who it was...I just happened to win the lottery last week, so I'll make it worth your while to tell me
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well I don't know who it was...I just happened to win the lottery last week, so I'll make it worth your while to tell me
Ruthio you little terror! Shouldn't you be guessing letters on that hard hangman thread!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 08:04 PM

Why am I not surprised that may have been the source , true insanity on legs.
Must be time for another hit, I love e'm
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks for the support everyone - but I can't take all the credit, I have a great team and membership behind me. Couldn't do it without you all!
What a smoothie!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Ruthio you little terror! Shouldn't you be guessing letters on that hard hangman thread!
Gilly beat me to it!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Gilly beat me to it!
Gilly can be like that, sneaking in with the right answer just when you are planning on doing the same No consideration for your feelings but I do like her
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 10:02 PM

well done Azz
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 10:27 PM

This forum hasn't really required a private section until recently but it certainly makes sense to have it now. It won't stifle debate but will keep prying eyes away of people who have no personal link to this forum. This is a very popular forum and any thread created can be on the front page of Google in a matter of minutes as Google loves sites that are so active as this one. In an ideal world this wouldn't be needed but it isn't is it. Now the threads can be correctly maintained without worry, with time not being so much of an issue. Also all members who want to view such threads can be monitored whereas before many eyes were belonging to strangers.

The above isn't so much for the benefit of members (though it does help protect them in some respects) but more so for the forum owner and admin. It would be a shame if this forum became tarnished in some way by it's content. Now steps can be taken to keep things above board.

As I say, in one way it saddens me but in another I can see the necessity.

Originally Posted by Frank Zappa
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
This forum hasn't really required a private section until recently but it certainly makes sense to have it now. It won't stifle debate but will keep prying eyes away of people who have no personal link to this forum. This is a very popular forum and any thread created can be on the front page of Google in a matter of minutes as Google loves sites that are so active as this one. In an ideal world this wouldn't be needed but it isn't is it. Now the threads can be correctly maintained without worry, with time not being so much of an issue. Also all members who want to view such threads can be monitored whereas before many eyes were belonging to strangers.

The above isn't so much for the benefit of members (though it does help protect them in some respects) but more so for the forum owner and admin. It would be a shame if this forum became tarnished in some way by it's content. Now steps can be taken to keep things above board.

As I say, in one way it saddens me but in another I can see the necessity.
Thank you for your understanding, Mark ...
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2016, 11:08 PM

Good to see that because of an unfortunate incident, improvements have been made.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top