Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 07:23 PM

Re: Eurovision.

I don't understand why songwiters write British style song and expect it to do well. The only way we could ever win (apart from the politics) is to enter an ultra cringe-worthy Euro-crap jingle which Europeans would love.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't understand why songwiters write British style song and expect it to do well. The only way we could ever win (apart from the politics) is to enter an ultra cringe-worthy Euro-crap jingle which Europeans would love.
Have been watching it, and up to now at 9.00pm.
What a load of rubbish!
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
dosn't matter if our song is brilliant, the voting is purely political now,
we need to pull out of it and save our money and stop making a laughing stock of ourselves!
P.
and as for our entry YUK!
agree with you Purdy - voting is so political dont know why we still enter - it wouldnt matter if we had Adele as our entry we still only have a handful of points - i stopped watching it years ago
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 10:41 PM

Well I never miss it, most of the songs are rubbish but it's a good laugh, and you see some sights. I think the BBC are one of the major contributors to it, they have some of the best production people and engineers in the world.
I don't think that you can vote for the Australian entry as they are only guests, or at least you couldn't last year.
Have you noticed how the main language is English. Because It's classed as the universal language!
I'm going to get supper now before I watch the results where the UK will win this year.........Errrrrm!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 10:46 PM

I have just switched it on to see the results, it is still a load of old tosh ennit ?
Only wanted to watch the results for a laugh (honestly) it's getting on for 11.00 and it's due to finish 11.30.....gonna be a long night.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. It's what I call plinky plonky music. It's dreadful!!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I agree. It's what I call plinky plonky music. It's dreadful!!!
Yes Ruthio
And that will be the very last time I will ever watch that load of Kite.
Rubbish songs.
Rubbish singers.
Rubbish bloated format.
Rubbish voting system.

Crup.
Crup.
Crup.

Apart from that.
I was alright!
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 08:23 AM

well after all I commented on this, we actually watched it! we found it very hard to watch a lots of the acts because of the flashing lights etc. and my son couldn't watch any of it for health reasons.
I enjoyed Polands rock band. and Cyprus. Australia was a screeching bliddy row and shouldn't have been there anyway!
The voting from the judges was purely political as usual, but what brought it out of that, where it was any country to win was the new public voting, it was anyones guess then.
It just goes to show though how "out of touch" the judges are with what they like and vote for and totally different to what their people voted for
A protest song from Ukraine which suddenly flew past Australia and Russias entry, no surprise there for us!
P.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 08:24 AM

and dont forget the yankee half time act.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 08:37 AM

Yes! wouldn't surprise me if they dont want to join in the fun and compete next year LOL

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top