Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:17 AM

The Voice

I have watched all the previous series. Last night's was the first one since it switched to ITV. I suppose I will get used to the constant pauses for adverts. One thing I won't be able to get used to, though, is the over hyped. over self confident woman on the panel. I found myself shouting at the screen, "For God's sake sit down and shut up." Something I have never done before.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 08:58 AM

Re: The Voice

All these sort of programmes are utter rubbish!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 09:18 AM

Howz about recording it then you can ff through the adz and rubbish.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 09:44 AM

I found the Hudson woman overpowering particularly when she decided to demonstrate to the young girl who gave a good performance how she would sing the song the girl sang. I wanted to say sit down and shut up

I find Will-with-a-silly-name childish and annoying too .
Glad I recorded it so could fast forward through the excruciatingly familiar critiques and advertisments.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 09:57 AM

I watched BBC where they had a programme that was looking for young men to appear in a show as a boy band....I think it was called " Let it shine" or something like that.
The last contestant on the show was so good, he brought tears to my eyes, and some of the others were very good too.
If it is on at the same time every week, I think I may have to sacrifice watching The Voice, as I don't record anything.... I would never have the time to watch it if I did.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:11 AM

How can anyone sit through all that sort of rubbish, all that screaming and acting like apes with their stupid behavior ? Life is far to short.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
How can anyone sit through all that sort of rubbish, all that screaming and acting like apes with their stupid behavior ? Life is far to short.
Talent shows seem to be the "in thing" these days and a few of the contestants are good enough to deserve a break. I will admit there are a far too many on TV these days, but I would rather put up with them that some of the awful American humour shows that appear to be on many channels.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:27 AM

I think the idea of the Voice is a good one but having seen a few episodes, I can't stand watching any of the panel with their scripted lines and false gestures; the long stares etc.

It's a shame that almost all programmes on TV have to be turned into a soap opera otherwise some of them could be interesting.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I watched BBC where they had a programme that was looking for young men to appear in a show as a boy band....I think it was called " Let it shine" or something like that.
The last contestant on the show was so good, he brought tears to my eyes, and some of the others were very good too.
If it is on at the same time every week, I think I may have to sacrifice watching The Voice, as I don't record anything.... I would never have the time to watch it if I did.
I saw some of the programme Twink the last boy to appear is already in a west end show isn't he, he was very good.

The programme is similar to the Andrew Lloyd Webber shows like 'Who will be Nancy' and Maria where he was looking for west end show leads, I think they had more of a definate purpose than their rival shows like the Voice and x factor.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:54 AM

I see Tom Jones is in trouble too.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainme...Q&ocid=ieslice

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top