Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 11:05 AM

Re: The Voice

After the 'Voice' moved on to ITV I vowed to stick to the BBC and give Barlow a chance with 'Let it Shine' it started off reasonably well and then went downhill when the first two acts were excruciatingly poor and even managed to pass muster. I hastily changed channels and was suitably entertained with 'Ninja's' Although I can't understand why a British talent show has to include American judges who I find extremely irritating. Having said that though, the standard of the contestants on the 'Voice' are far superior to any other talent show and time permitting this is where my Saturday night entertainment will focused. Sorry Barlow, but 'Let it Shine' is God Awful and it makes my teeth itch!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I see Tom Jones is in trouble too.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainme...Q&ocid=ieslice
I'm with Tom on that one Longdogs, he's only pointing out the obvious.......She is rather.......Er.......Overweight....Or aren't we supposed to notice that?
It appears that in today's world we are not allowed to notice ..
(1) The Gender
(2) The Colour
(3) The Religion
(4) The political Aspirations
(5) The size
or (6) The sexual preference......
So Tom should have said......"A non descript Human won the previous series of 'The Voice' who didn't seem to give a sh*T about it's appearance....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 01:07 PM

Thank God she isn't a black, overweight, muslim transgender lesbian UKIP member
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm with Tom on that one Longdogs, he's only pointing out the obvious.......She is rather.......Er.......Overweight....Or aren't we supposed to notice that?
It appears that in today's world we are not allowed to notice ..
(1) The Gender
(2) The Colour
(3) The Religion
(4) The political Aspirations
(5) The size
or (6) The sexual preference......
So Tom should have said......"A non descript Human won the previous series of 'The Voice' who didn't seem to give a sh*T about it's appearance....
I'm not one for pc rubbish either but as you point out, if we are not to mention people's attributes, it should be across the board. The sad thing is that being overweight will probably prevent her from doing well in today's music business anyway, so he does have a point.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 01:37 PM

I watched parts of both programs, was busy doing things, but what I saw seemed OK.
I had to Google Jennifer Hudson & Gavin Rossdale as I'd never heard of either, never heard of Bush.
Perhaps that's my age.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 01:51 PM

I thought the whole point of "The Voice" was to concentrate on "The Voice" and not be prejudiced by an individuals visuals.

Imo the contestants should remain invisible until the final, the programme has no point after the Blind Auditions, because the visuals kick in the decision making process.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 01:54 PM

P.S, that Jennifer Hudson should probably not have sung, but what a voice.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I thought the whole point of "The Voice" was to concentrate on "The Voice" and not be prejudiced by an individuals visuals.

Imo the contestants should remain invisible until the final, the programme has no point after the Blind Auditions, because the visuals kick in the decision making process.
Yeah that's the idea but I can't believe they never meet in the studio before the show.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

08-01-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yeah that's the idea but I can't believe they never meet in the studio before the show.
Britain's Got Talent is a better springboard for vocal talent because, right from the start, the judges don't have a closed shop, they are swayed right from the start by a partisan audience.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 03:50 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I expected to be jumped on from all quarters,but not so.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top